6 Weeks out - 40 pounds gone FOREVER

Ihavechosetolife
on 8/27/14 12:19 pm

6 weeks since surgery, down exactly 40 pounds.  My BMI went from 62.3 to 56 how awesome. I had gastric bypass on 7/15/14, best thing I have EVER done. Also, today had a victory tried on a shirt I purchased a week after surgery that was to small and it fits like a glove. WOO HOO  --- Thanks to all of the wonderful people her on OH for helping me to make this happen. I get so much encouragement from reading the posts every day (a few times a day) I have only posted a couple of times and look forward to sharing this journey with others.

bibette1
on 8/27/14 4:53 pm
RNY on 09/08/14

Congrats to you on your success!

NYMom222
on 8/30/14 8:25 am
RNY on 07/23/14

That is great. Good job!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/30/14 9:03 am - OH

Congratulations on your success so far! 

Do be cautious, though, about the "X pounds gone FOREVER" mentality.  The weight drops almost magically no matter what you eat for about 6 months, then it becomes harder and once you get the weight off, you must work to maintain the loss or those pounds won't be gone "forever".

Keep up the good work and be sure to really embrace the new, healthy eating habits because those are what will help you ensure than those pounds DO stay gone.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Ihavechosetolife
on 9/5/14 3:35 am

Thanks for the encouragement ladies, also thanks for the mentality bit on FOREVER - I understand what you are saying and agree mostly to that. Only mostly cause I'm doing fantastic on my food choices getting in 80-110 protein a day and 10-12 cups of liquid, still lots of work to do when it comes to therapy, during counseling yesterday I was so excited when I realized - hey when have I ever went 7 weeks with out a binge ? NEVER -- I have been on many diets, as most of us here have and the most I have ever lost was 75 pounds then found out I was pregnant, best news ever, my son is almost 11. Anyhow, every time I have tried to loose weight I have still had problems with binge,sneak eating etc. I WAS so happy to realize how much I have accomplished so far. BTW my week 7 was on Tuesday and down another 4 pounds this week so a total of 44. Thanks again for your support. Have a great day

Most Active