Ready? Set? B*tchFest!!

Bette B.
on 9/3/14 1:29 am

***** myspace orkut comments'

For you NEW KIDS, HERE ARE THE RULES:

"B*TCHFest"  is provided as a public service to those of us who have gripes and grievances but who (whom?), for whatever reason, lack a regular forum in which to air them. You are welcome to voice any problems - large or small, important, mundane or ridiculous -  that currently have your panties wadded, your shorts frosted and your gears ground. Don't hold them in and risk future medical issues, wrinkles and/or those pesky gray hairs.

ANY and ALL issues that are plaguing you are open for you to voice; there are no "sacred cows." They say that "feelings aren't facts", so if you're feeling it, it's legit to you. NO ONE is allowed to flame a poster for something he or she writes, however commiseration is not only welcomed but encouraged. Please, no personal attacks against other OH members (at least, not by name).

I'll start you off with a few gripes of mine, and you all can join in at any time! No limits - come back as many times as you like!

WARNING! Adult content ahead! Posts may (and probably will) contain "adult" content and language. I know that MINE will. Rated TV-MA.

http://www.comicspodcasts.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Parental-Advisory-Chronic.jpg

Let's jump in with both feet, shall we?

- Number one, with a bullet: I AM SO, SO TIRED OF TRYING TO MAKE ENDS MEET! It's to the point where it's not even CLOSE anymore. Every time I think we're okay for a week, some fresh hell arises. FUCK!

- Not able to do anything or go anywhere, for the reason noted above. I'm not talking about going to the Bahamas. It's gotten so that we can't even go in to NYC for the day because we don't have the money.

- Trying to figure out what we have left to sell, pawn, redeem, cash in, etc. Anyone want to buy any A+ blood? How about a kidney? I've got a spare . . . 

- Just generally bad things happening to good people. A friend of mine died after her motorcycle got hit by a car last week and this week, one of my best friends is in the hospital with a bad, bad blood clot in her leg and "renal insufficiency." 

- Ugh. Just EVERYTHING. It's a ****ty week. I'm alive. That's about the only good thing I have going on right now.

I'm done for now. Off you go, kids. Have fun!

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Ladytazz
on 9/3/14 2:50 am

For the last several weeks I have read this thread and I haven't been able to think of one thing to rant about.

It's not that my life is perfect, it may just be that my memory is bad but usually when I get mad I get over it pretty quick so if it isn't happening currently I'm not thinking about it.

I am glad there is a place to rant if needed and I'm grateful I haven't needed it for a few weeks.

I am so sorry you are having a hard time making ends meet.  It's a daily struggle for me, too but as long as I have a roof over my head, food to eat and a car to drive I have all I need.  Now things I want, that's another thing.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

MsBatt
on 9/3/14 9:29 am

"It just may be that my memory is bad".

Sing it, sister!

Let me say this---WLS doesn't cure any of life's ills, as far as social things go. However, it *might* make you better able to tell folks to just **** off. (*grin*)

Mary Gee
on 9/3/14 3:01 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

I hear you Bette.....and I hear you, too, LadyTazz!!  So tired of pinching pennies, juggling bills, etc. -- but things could be a lot worse (and have been in the past)!

I'm sick of my youngest brother crying poverty -- he lives in a gated community, he and wife drive new cars, go on vacations regularly, etc. You can cry poverty when the cable company disconnects your basic cable/internet/phone because of non-payment; and you have to go down to Town Hall to meet with the Tax Collector to work out a payment plan on your mobile home land taxes; and when your searching through your kitchen cabinets for whatever you can find because you have no money till you get your next check........I could go on and on.  But - I am thankful for what I have!!  Really!  Because struggle as I may, I'm still able to get by on my own two feet!

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Gwen M.
on 9/3/14 4:43 am
VSG on 03/13/14

An old tree in my yard fell and crashed through the neighbor's fence.  In good news, the only thing damaged was the fence, so it could have been a lot worse.  And the neighbor was super friendly and not angry or anything, but definitely an expense we don't need to deal with right now.  And we're going to have some other tree work done too which means this will be costing us close to $2000.  Yay for unexpected expenses, eh? :/ 

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

InTransition
on 9/3/14 8:33 am
RNY on 09/08/14

I'm new here, but I am dying...this is SO my life!  Seriously.  

My rants!

-  No, mother dear, I do not know how much weight I will have lost by Thanksgiving, so that I can be more acceptable to you, and the rest of the family.  But seriously?  Shove it up your asses.  You claim to be such great Christians, but care more about what's on my plate (or how many extra pounds are on my butt) than what is on my mind or on my heart.  Way to be supportive.  

- And while we're talking to you, dear Mumsie **** off.  My husband fixes your computer for free.  If that doesn't happen fast enough for you, take elsewhere.

- Dear husband - thanks SO much for being so supportive and taking the kids for dinner so I don't have to smell the (awesome) food you cook.  However, my van STILL (20 hours later) smells like french fries.  On day 6 of the liquid diet, that REALLY sucks.

- Dear LIFE - WTF.  

- And seriously?  why does my breath smell like I just licked a dead cat's butt?  No.  REALLY.

SunnyGal14
on 9/3/14 9:55 am
VSG on 08/06/14

Lol it's liky ketosis. It's happened to most, if not all of us during the liquid phase.

Vsg on 8/6/14  5'8" HW 266 SW 243 CW 169 GW 155. 

56sunShine14
on 9/3/14 12:35 pm

I always thought mine smelled like baby spit up.  Yuck!  It was the protein drinks (with milk).

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

InTransition
on 9/3/14 12:45 pm
RNY on 09/08/14

I am using almond milk with mine, and it is STILL awful!  I guess I should be happy SOMETHING is happenind!  Lol.

majphatch
on 9/4/14 8:44 am, edited 9/4/14 8:44 am - Roanoke, VA

Thank god someone else's breath smells the same....I thought something was wrong with me!!!!! It is a little better since starting soft mushy diet. But still in the mornings it  could strip paint off the walls!!!!!

Most Active