Excited but Overwhelmed

AZhopeful
on 10/18/14 12:26 am

hi, I'm new to the site. I haven't had gastric bypass yet but have been waiting patiently. I was scheduled to have surgery several months ago (self-pay) but my husband was laid off so we had to postpone. He's now starting a new job and his medical coverage covers gastric bypass ( thank goodness!). It doesn't go into effect until December. But from the time I had my initial consult to now I've gained over 30 lbs that I have to lose not to mention quit smoking. Anyone else have similar challenges? Any suggestions/comments would be appreciated.

danny7995
on 10/18/14 1:30 am - Midville, GA

Hi I can relate with the weight gain. I don't smoke but I weighed 527 lbs when I started my weight loss journey and I was told by my doctor I had to lose 40 lbs before they would do the surgery. I had the gastric bypass surgery. I however went on a medical weight loss program through the medical weight loss doctor in my surgeon's office and I lost 100 lbs. I got approved for surgery and had the surgery on July 3, 2012. I now weigh 220 lbs and am super excited about what life has to offer. I am a big advocate and testimony to the success of wls. It was the best decision I ever made in my life next to accepting the Lord Jesus Christ as my Savior. Hope this helps and I hope you find encouragement from my post. 

AZhopeful
on 10/18/14 4:03 am

i've been reluctant contacting the doctors office nutritionist because, I'll admit, I'm ashamed of gaining to begin with but I want the surgery bad enough. So I will definitely heed your advice. Thank you. 

Eggface
on 10/18/14 4:36 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Best wishes to you. I will echo the other poster... having weight loss surgery was the best decision I ever made... took awhile but that was a good thing really because I was ready to make the commitment to change. Hope a few of these suggestions help you while you wait for your big day: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/04/for-p re-ops.html

Smoking and excess weight/obesity... the top 2 preventable causes of death and you are going to kick them both to the curb this year!! Good for you! 

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Most Active