Rny'rs Post Op. Intestines Constantly popping out of place, Hernias.( Horse Riders )

huskergalWsD
on 10/26/14 8:22 am

I am wondering if my new issue with my Intestines coming out of place is caused from trotting, Lopeing on my Horse. I am getting checked for possible Hernia tomorrow morning with a cat scan. My Intestines keep popping out of place. It actually isn't happening while I ride, happens out of the blue, twice while in the bath, when I go to sit up. Once just the other day while at Bingo. Once in bed while sitting up. Anyone have a Hernia the kind that your intestines pop out of place?. It is very painful when this happens but I always manage to push them back in place, the pain goes away.. I don't jog. I walk. Got to be something causing this. I am not a smoker. I have not regained any weight back. I have read some people with Rny post op have had a Hernia, with repairs done. Googling it just confuses me more. If you've had this post op with repairs already done. Please give me a heads up what to expect.. Thanks.

I have talked with my wls Surgeons nurse she said she thinks it is a Hernia without doing the cat scan, from what I have told her on the phone. The wls surgeon is 50 miles from me.  She is worried about me because of my heart condition , If I have to go and have a surgery to fix this. thanks again. PeaceV Wendy

7stents (2003)...Heart Attack(2004)...Open Heart (2004)....Wls (2007)...Heart attack 2012...1 stent (2012)...Heart Attack (2013)...Heart Attack (2013)...1 stent(2013)
~~~Best Vitamin For Making Friends  B1~~~

Member Services
on 10/26/14 11:48 am - Irvine, CA

We are so sorry to hear all you are going through.  Please be sure and let us know how your test go 

(deactivated member)
on 10/26/14 10:18 pm

You should be more worried about the hernia wrapping around your bowels.This is not something to mess with.I ended up having emergency surgery. Smoking has nothing to do with having getting a hernia.

Usually a hernia happens from lifting or from being obese.I know you have lost your weight.The hernia is what pops out not your intestines.

I will say that having the hernia surgery was one of the worst surgeries I have had. It has been three weeks and I am still sore and tired. Sometimes the catscan does not always show the hernia. You need to see a surgeon about this. 

Poodlemac
on 10/26/14 10:25 pm
RNY on 09/26/14

Don't know how it's possible for someone intestines to "come out of place". 

huskergalWsD
on 10/27/14 2:26 pm

that's what I thought, Had to ask . My surgeons nurse told me these things. I am going to google this again

7stents (2003)...Heart Attack(2004)...Open Heart (2004)....Wls (2007)...Heart attack 2012...1 stent (2012)...Heart Attack (2013)...Heart Attack (2013)...1 stent(2013)

(deactivated member)
on 10/27/14 11:56 pm

Don't google it get to a doctor.Even if it is just your primary.

huskergalWsD
on 10/30/14 9:14 am

please pm me with more information, my pcp's response was "what are you worried about?" what do I do now? she didn't seem to concerned with what I told her I am experiencing..thanks Wendy

Most Active