Don't get it???? Extremely frustrated now!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 12/16/14 6:38 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Stalls are incredibly frustrating! I see on your later posts that you had surgery at the end of September & you lost 60lbs!, that's great, to me it looks like you're a little less than 4 months out from surgery, you've got to let up on yourself. You've just had major surgery & some of that time was healing time. You could be losing inches, have you taken any measurements lately?

Don't become obsessed with the scale, it'll drive you crazy! When starting a exercise routine the body sometimes holds onto water weight till it figures out that it's your new normal routine. Don't count exercise as a way to be able to either have more calories or that it will speed up your weight loss. It doesn't. It's good for you but you can't count on it to speed up your weight loss, your body will lose at it's own pace. Definitely check up with your dr just to be sure nothing is wrong, everyone at one time or another feels that this won't work for them but it does.

I consider myself a stair step loser. I'll lose some weight, then gain like a pound, stay that way for awhile & then lose again. Your body is trying to find its groove again, be patient. Hope your stall breaks soon.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Willie H.
on 12/16/14 6:46 am
VSG on 08/26/14

Thank you! Yes my surgery was August 26. 2014 and I am dowm 60 lbs in a little under 4 months. I can't complain about that. I know its a long journey and we just have to stick to the program. I guess after losing so rapidly and so much in about 4 months-averaging 4 lbs a week. Getting stuck in a rut for the last 6 weeks is just downright discouraging. But I do thank you for the moral support and words of experience. Gonna stick with it, where else can I go, what else can I do? Just gotta stay with the program! Thanks!

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 12/16/14 6:43 am
VSG on 12/06/12

I don't think I can add to what people here said. Stalls can happen at any point.  Often at three weeks. Yours just came later. Keep working your program it will happen. 

Willie H.
on 12/16/14 6:47 am
VSG on 08/26/14

Thank you. Sorry for snapping at you. See, I need to eat more!! j/k 

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 12/16/14 8:03 am
VSG on 12/06/12

Hey I work with addicts who are mentally ill. I have thick skin.

Y D.
on 12/16/14 7:27 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Something I remember from one of my diet days in the past, was hearing that your last "set weight" (weight were you at for a significant amount of time before gaining again), can be tough to come down from. If you happen to be currently at a weight where you were previously at for a while, it may take a little more time. Not sure where that came from, but in the past its been true for me. There are a couple weight groups that I just seem to take forever to get through.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 12/16/14 7:50 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I didn't have a sleeve but I will tell you that in my experience, 800 calories and less than 40 carbs are my magic numbers.  I don't know why, but I have tried more and less and this is what works the very best for me.  Now, I am not a man -- but I did start at 344 pounds.  I also exercise at least 4 to 5 days a week for an hour at a time.  I also work on my feet and average over 10000 steps per day.

Whenever I go up to 1000 K-calories, I immediately stall. I weigh every day and I am very keen on my trends.  I would never lose on 1200 calories.  Again, I am a woman, I had an RNY and I started heavier -- so perhaps this bears no relevance to your situation.

I will also share with you that losing weight is much easier the bigger you are.  At first, you are just using up your glycogen stores and water which accounts for the rapid loss in the beginning.  As I have gone down, it's become harder and required more.  It takes a lot less energy to move around a 60 pound lighter you ... your resting metabolic requirement is certainly lower.  I know that I burned a ton more calories just existing at 344 pounds than I do now at 172.  That part kind of sucks.  

Anyhow, a 6 week stall would be incredibly frustrating, but I would encourage you to play around a bit with your intake to see if you cannot break it.  Also, be sure you are not deducting your exercise and that you are actually weighing your food.  It is very easy to eat more than 500 extra calories a day if you are guesstimating portion sizes.  

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Gwen M.
on 12/16/14 8:03 am, edited 12/16/14 8:09 am
VSG on 03/13/14

You seem very distraught!  Stalls suck.  It would be nice if we'd all lose 5 pounds a week every wee****il we reach our goals, but things just don't work that way.  Sometimes daily fluctuations fluctuate upward instead of downward.  And you've just got to get used to the fact that this is how our bodies work.  If you stick to your plan, you'll reach your goal - plain and simple.  

I do recommend that you add a therapist to your Obesity Recovery Team, this process, as you've learned, can be really stressful and angsty, and therapy can real help us to find better coping techniques.  

Hang in there are trust the process.  You'll reach your goals :)

PS - 60 pounds in 4 months is ROCKING.  You should be super proud of that!  Sometimes our bodies just need to go through this "OMG WHAT ARE YOU DOING" phase and adjust to the weight loss that has happened before weight loss can resume.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

huskergalWsD
on 12/16/14 10:06 pm

I had no problem what so ever reading this post and I understand it completely. I could have helped if you had RNy. I remember having a longer stall the further post op I was, I am Rny. However I did continue to lose weight , eating about 800 to 1,000 calories a day. I ate lots of fiber, FF refried beans to be exact. Things got moving again after my stall. I think the more post op you are the longer stalls last. Stay on track , that is the most important thing..good luck I feel your frustration, I remember those days ..Happy Holidays.

7stents (2003)...Heart Attack(2004)...Open Heart (2004)....Wls (2007)...Heart attack 2012...1 stent (2012)...Heart Attack (2013)...Heart Attack (2013)...1 stent(2013)
~~~Best Vitamin For Making Friends  B1~~~

CerealKiller Kat71
on 12/16/14 10:50 pm
RNY on 12/31/13
On December 17, 2014 at 6:06 AM Pacific Time, huskergalWsD wrote:

I had no problem what so ever reading this post and I understand it completely. I could have helped if you had RNy. I remember having a longer stall the further post op I was, I am Rny. However I did continue to lose weight , eating about 800 to 1,000 calories a day. I ate lots of fiber, FF refried beans to be exact. Things got moving again after my stall. I think the more post op you are the longer stalls last. Stay on track , that is the most important thing..good luck I feel your frustration, I remember those days ..Happy Holidays.

Point proven...

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Most Active