How long does it take to finish a protein drink?

Oliviawashere
on 1/10/15 6:16 am

How long did it take you to finish one protein drink (protein shake, Isopure drink, ect.) on post-op liquids?

GooseGirl
on 1/10/15 6:33 am
VSG on 10/30/14 with

Immediately after surgery it would take me an hour or slightly more. Now that I am 10 weeks out it takes me about 15 - 20 minutes. 

STB
on 1/10/15 6:49 am
RNY on 07/21/14

It takes me about an hour to an hour and a half. They just don't settle well with me - I am five months post op. Just bought some Inspire Protein Powder from the Before and After Help website and that seemed better. I mixed it with 6 ounces of water and one container of Greek yogurt so lots of protein in that one drink.

SHARON  

Ruthie D.
on 1/12/15 1:23 pm - Mayer, AZ

Hi Sharon,   I'm  14 days post op.   Pre- op the drinks were a breeze  but now nothing is good.   Doesn't  set good on my new  tummy.   Then the doc me off my (cyhcotrophicy ) meds.  Which through me into a big withdrawal.  OK all said now.  I fixed  dry pack  creamy cheese  broccoli soup, then cream of :carrot with a hint of ginger.   My friend made creamy| potato /with carrot some onions in it.  I mashed  it good and took a roll butterd it and put it in the bottom of my little time b2owl an put some soup on it.  Took with my spoon and smashed it good. I don't know,  it my not protein but at least I'm getting some nutrition in n me What do you thin

.  I

LIFE'S a REACH...    and then you FLY!!!   
           HW = 224, SW = 204, CW = 124, GW = 119           
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/10/15 7:19 am - OH

It depends on how much liquid you are talking about. Some people prefer their shakes thicker or thinner than average, and some people make more at a time than others.

My surgeon indicated that I should be able to finish an 8-ounce protein shake in 30-45-minutes and I did not have any trouble doing that even just a couple of days after surgery. That is only one ounce of liquid every 5 minutes.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

poet_kelly
on 1/10/15 2:58 pm - OH

Immediately after surgery?  A couple of hours.  Now, six years later?  10  minutes.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active