I'm freaking out

DeborahMc
on 3/1/15 11:53 am

my date has been set for 17 days from now. I need to start an all liquid diet in 3 days and I have no idea how to accomplish that. At least after surgery I'm hoping to not be so hungry, but right now, I'm starving all the time. Binge eating like it will be my last meal. It's total nerves- enough so that I signed up for this forum... I need help

KeishaLeigh
on 3/1/15 3:00 pm - NC
VSG on 02/24/15 with

I understand exactly how you feel. I had to do a 3 week liquid diet before my surgery. It is not fun at all. I believe it has been the hardest part of this entire journey. I ordered some protein powder and purchased some ready to drink shakes. Between those and broth I made it through. After about day 4 it became more bearable.

It will be tough but I know you can do it. Just make up your mind that it has to be done. I wish you luck on your journey.

38 y.o. 5'7" HW 347 SW 332 M1 -22 M2 -18 M3 -19 M4 -9 M5 -18 M6 -11 M7 -13 M8-9 M9 -7 M10 -8 M11 -5 M12 -1 M13 -9 M14 -0 

DeborahMc
on 3/2/15 4:26 am

3 weeks!!! Good heavens. I kind-of feel like if I can do this for two weeks why can't I be disciplined enough to get a grip on my eating without surgery?! But then I realize I can do anything for two weeks or two months...this will help with the lifetime part. 

THANK YOU!! ../deb

NYMom222
on 3/1/15 3:35 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Stop panicking. You need to think about are you ready for this? There is no need for a last meal. You will be able to eat food again. The hard part is dealing with your head. They should have told you what they wanted for your liquid diet. every doc is different. Go but some ready to Drink Premier protein. It is low in carbs and high in protein. Once you get off the carbs for a couple of days it won't be so hard. My doc allowed one meal a day of meat and veggies or salad.(preferably lunch) and 2 fruits with 3-4 shakes. Yours may be different.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

DeborahMc
on 3/2/15 4:22 am

Premier protein...on it

THANK YOU!! ../deb

Kate -True Brit
on 3/1/15 5:20 pm - UK

Try to switch so you feel excited! This is STARTING. This is IT. You are on your way! It's easy fir me to say that as I didn't have a pre-op diet! But it is that feeling of excitement that will keep you going through the post-op stages as well. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

DeborahMc
on 3/2/15 4:21 am

I have to say- excited wasn't at the top of my list. Not chickening out and knowing this was the best thing I could do for me and only me, that has kept me going. But finding this forum and getting this support...gotta say- little excited. THANK YOU!! ../deb

Mary Gee
on 3/1/15 5:24 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14
Deborah - You are not alone. Just about everyone freaks out. Yes, the three week prevail, and the post-op liquid stages are absolutely the hardest part of the whole process. You have to accept that fact. Prep Deborah - You are not alone in this. Just about everyone freaks over the prevail and post-op liquid stages. You have to accept that and mentally prepare. Hopefully, you will find a protein brand with flavors you can enjoy. Get some broth too. If you are making your own shakes (not the ready mixed drinks) you may find them too thick or foamy. I mix my powder and liquid in a glass, then add ice, for a sm9other drink. You can also buy some sugar-free flavored syrups. If you haven't done this, check out ..... the world according to egg face dot com. Shelly has loads of helpful information that will help you. ......... All of us have had to go through this. You will get through it too. It will be easier if you face it with a "CAN DO" attitude. Expect success and you will be successful. WLS is not "the easy way". ..... There will be challenges. Consider yourself a warrior!!

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Mary Gee
on 3/1/15 5:27 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14
Sorry for the typos and one paragraph. My pad is not working right, so I can't make corrections.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

DeborahMc
on 3/2/15 4:17 am

Warrior!! Got it

THANK YOU!! ../deb

Most Active