* Little by LIttle* Weight loss support group meeting in Greenville, Ohio

Tammy H.
on 4/9/15 11:28 am - Greenville, OH

HI...I am founder of a weight loss support group called * Little by Little*...We meet the first Tuesday of each month at the East Main Church of Christ, here in Greenville, Ohio...Doors open at 5:15, with the meeting starting at 6:00...Our meeting is open to those who have had surgery & to those who have not had surgery...Basically open to anyone that needs some support/help in losing weight and becoming healthier...We do not charge a Fee to belong to our group...We will be celebrating our 7 year Anniversary next month...Our meetings consist of healthy food tips, open discussions, healthy food demonstrations, tips for making out a grocery list/and shopping, and much more...We are a fun bunch of about 15 people...If you would like further information feel free to message me....Tammy

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only TRUE FRIENDS will leave footprints in your heart...And may that friendship have such a ONENESS that when one weeps the other will taste salt...Friends are like balloons ; once you let them go you can't get them back....So I'm going to tie you to my heart so I never lose you.

Mary Gee
on 4/9/15 7:26 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Hi Tammy!  Your support group sounds like it's fun and informational.  Good for you for starting it up -- sounds like you've helped a lot of people.  There are two post-op groups in my area -- one run by the hospital for post-ops only.  It's not well attended at all - partially because it starts at 4:00, and it generally is a "lecture" on one subject.  The other is run by a post-op, and is open to anyone.  It's well attended, and people seem to enjoy the comaraderie, but I'd like to see it run more like your group.

Happy Anniversary!

Mary

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Tammy H.
on 4/10/15 3:19 pm - Greenville, OH

Hi Mary...I work hard to research for new ideas, helpful hints, healthy recipes and etc...I try to add some fun to each meeting instead of just standing there reading from my print off sheets...Ive been to a meeting or two like that and needless to say it was rather boring...So when I started this group, I decided that there had to be fun, laughter, along with the learning part of eating healthy...I started this group because the closest support group was an hour away, and I really didn't want to drive that far...I am constantly combing our city, plus area cities, putting fliers up to get the word out about our group in hopes to help those who need support...Thanks for your nice comments...Tammy

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only TRUE FRIENDS will leave footprints in your heart...And may that friendship have such a ONENESS that when one weeps the other will taste salt...Friends are like balloons ; once you let them go you can't get them back....So I'm going to tie you to my heart so I never lose you.

Cathy W.
on 4/10/15 1:11 am

I wish I lived in OH so I could attend your group!  It sounds like a great one.

Cross-post this on the Ohio state board so more members in your area can see your post.

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

Tammy H.
on 4/10/15 3:20 pm - Greenville, OH

Hi Cathy...I wish that you lived closer too so you could attend...Do you attend anywhere?  Tammy

Modest_Phoenix
on 4/11/15 7:01 am

Just a friendly wave hello from a fellow Buckeye. I'm originally from Canton, OH but currently living in Arizona. 

Highest weight 208 in 2008 ** VSG 11/27/15 weight 193 ** Current weight 128 ** Goal weight range 100 -110 ** Height - 4'11" ** Age - 49

Tammy H.
on 4/11/15 11:12 pm - Greenville, OH

Hello back atcha...I am from the hometown of Miss Annie Oakley, which is Greenville...About 12 miles from the Indiana state line...How do you like Arizona compared to Ohio?

Modest_Phoenix
on 4/12/15 12:16 am, edited 4/12/15 12:16 am

The winters are glorious. Summers are brutal. The complete opposite of Ohio. The politics are very unbalanced as the whole state leans to the right. I prefer the politics of Ohio. The desert has it's own beauty but I miss the colors of autumn. The wildlife here can be deadly. I miss the squirrels and chipmunks. I have seen a couple of rabbits though. I don't think AZ is going to be my forever home, but I've enjoyed the past few years that I've been here.

Highest weight 208 in 2008 ** VSG 11/27/15 weight 193 ** Current weight 128 ** Goal weight range 100 -110 ** Height - 4'11" ** Age - 49

Tammy H.
on 4/13/15 12:37 am - Greenville, OH

Its hot enough here in Ohio, yet to think of how hot and dry it must feel out in Arizona...My son is 36, and has such allergy issues between Spring and Winter...It all starts with the grass turning green, the trees budding, dandilions, ragweed, cottonwood seed and etc...Ive heard that people have less allergy issues out your way, don't know if that is true or not...What kind of deadly wildlife do you have? I love watching squirrels and chipmunks play....Ive only seen one squirrel where I live in my apartment complex...My sister lives across town a few miles, and there's tons of squirrels at her house...We do see bunnies every so often...We just put out our first bird feeder and are seeing lots of cardinals...Do you think you will ever move back to Ohio?

Modest_Phoenix
on 4/13/15 1:20 am

Some people with allergies improve them by moving here and some swap out what they are allergic to and are still bothered. I don't have hay fever anymore.  My mom's COPD had managed better here.

No I don't think I'll be moving back to Ohio. I prefer mild winters. Or at the very least not a lot of snow. 

Black widow spiders, scorpions, rattlesnakes. I killed a black widow spider making a web on the patio last night. 

Most Active