Seasonal Allergies--general question not entirely related to wls

rturnage
on 4/19/15 2:31 pm - Maumee, OH

Hi folks,

My allergies are going crazy this year.  I was wanting to get an annual kenalog (cortisone) shot because they help a lot.  However, I think I a going to be getting cortisone injections in my knees soon to help with the chronic pain.  Have any of you had these close together before?  I would hate to be excluded from the knee shots because my knees are so painful.  Thanks!

Rachel

HW 560 CW 525  Hoping to get sleeved in June 2015. Psych eval is on 4/20.

NYMom222
on 4/19/15 2:41 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I would check with the orthopedist first, because I know they don't want you having too many cortisone shots in a certain time period. I went to an allergist for the first time last year. Funny didn't really change what I was taking in the end, but he did show me how to take them better.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

rturnage
on 4/19/15 2:56 pm - Maumee, OH

Thanks! Yes, I will call tomorrow.  Stupid tree pollen. :(

kathkeb
on 4/20/15 5:11 am

I keep hearing that seasonal allergies are 'the worst in decades' here in Southern AZ ---- I know that I have been miserable with headaches, itchy eyes, runny nose -- the last few weeks.

It seems earlier this year (I am usually miserable in May) --

I hope you feel better soon.

Kath

rturnage
on 4/20/15 8:34 am - Maumee, OH

Yes, it is really early for it! The big problem is that it's messing with my sleep apnea.  My friend said she heard me snoring, and I shouldn't be with my machine on.  Ugh.   I wonder why people have allergies at all.  It doesn't make any evolutionary sense.  We've always been around trees and flowers!

MsBatt
on 4/20/15 7:23 am

Ask your knee doc about the rooster-comb shots for your knees. They did wonders for me!

rturnage
on 4/20/15 8:33 am - Maumee, OH

I will! Thank you. :)

Most Active