Charity for weight loss surgery

Grim_Traveller
on 7/3/15 7:17 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

That's ludicrous. Lowes doesn't have tools for that. Home Depot does rent them, but if you don't return them clean, they charge you.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Nic M
on 7/4/15 8:32 am

I wiped the dust off the table saw and it had a nice, sharp blade. No big whoop. 

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Oxford Comma Hag
on 7/4/15 11:23 am

You do realize we all had to find a way to pay for our surgeries? I waited four years until my health insurance covered it. Not once did I think of begging other people.

When my insurance did pay, I stiil had out of pocket costs. 

Go ahead and block me now. This is complete and utter chicanery and takes more nerve than a sore tooth. 

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

(deactivated member)
on 7/9/15 6:43 am

I have insurance I still had to pay five grand. They are getting a small bit every month. I also got them to cut the price by forty percent. But I sill owe a lot. 

Oxford Comma Hag
on 7/9/15 7:25 am
Yep. I had to pay my 20% plus a special $1000 bariatric surgery fee. But I met my max out of pocket, so my gallbladder removal was free.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Violet88
on 7/4/15 1:02 pm

A big thank you to those of you *****sponded !    I'm in no way begging for people to pay for my surgery.  I was just asking in case someone knew of programs that would help.  Since I've posted here and waiting on approval for my post I've done quite a bit of research and there are actually surgeons who will do WLS through grants.  I may decide to do this. I may not.  To the rude person who said in begging people. Shame on you. I just asked a question.  Maybe you're just angry cause your insurance sucks :) I still wanna try this on my own cause just eating less is what the surgery is about anyway.  

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/4/15 1:25 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

If you want to address someone you're upset with, you might want to reply directly to that comment so the person can see what you're saying. This method comes off as very passive-aggressive.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Violet88
on 7/4/15 1:31 pm

I'm new to the forum so I'm trying to figure it out.  I'm not passive aggressive. And if you don't have anything to comment on about my original post then there's no reason for you to even post here

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/4/15 1:33 pm
RNY on 08/05/19
On July 4, 2015 at 1:31 PM Pacific Time, Violet88 wrote:

I'm new to the forum so I'm trying to figure it out.  I'm not passive aggressive. And if you don't have anything to comment on about my original post then there's no reason for you to even post here

If you're "trying to figure it out," I figured it might be helpful to point out a way for your response to be taken better.

You'll also find that telling others how to post is generally frowned upon, which is another mistake that those "new to the forum" tend to make. :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Violet88
on 7/4/15 1:45 pm

Move along.... Your opinion doesn't matter to me :)

Most Active