Charity for weight loss surgery

Violet88
on 7/4/15 6:30 pm

This post won't die if you keep commenting :)

Ok2BaLoser
on 7/4/15 7:39 pm
VSG on 06/19/15

She's got this, remember? She just has no clue about the pre testing requirements which cost another arm and a leg. Getting a charity surgeon is just a small piece of the puzzle. What about the gastro dr? The shrink? The x rays? The pft? The heart dr? The stress test? The ekg? But she's got this guys. She no longer needs any of our "obviously angry and hungry" advice. 😂😂😂

Violet88
on 7/4/15 8:47 pm

All preop testing and postop visits are covered.  It's through a teaching hospital and it's from grants they received.  In some cases even the protein drinks are covered. It depends on the institution.  I do have more research to do but this is what I've found out so far.  Not that I got any help from most of you here.   

nicola3301
on 7/4/15 8:05 pm

Violet88,

I sincerely hope you find a way to get weight loss surgery and if you find a surgeon that is willing to do it pro bono go for it! I understand what it's like not to have insurance that covers weight loss surgery. I waited over ten years from when I made the decision that weight loss surgery was the best option for my health to actually have it done because of insurance. To all the senior members that were annoyed and snarky to this young lady....please think it through and provide encouragement and support not judgement! No one knows this young ladies financial hardships!

RNY 4-27-15    Dr. Schauer    Cleveland Clinic               

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/4/15 8:21 pm - OH

Oh, please.  It isn't like she is the first (nor last) person to have financial hardships and not have insurance that covers WLS! MANY people here had to wait until they could get insurance that would cover it. If she is able to find a way to get surgery without having to pay for it, that will be great for her, but it is unlikely.  

The only thing I have a problem with is that her replies to many people were ridiculous and/or rude.

I can see why the comments about handouts are viewed as harsh, but everyone else genuinely tried to be helpful (and a few playful****IL the OP started telling people NOT to post, what NOT at to say, and that she didn't care about the opinions of a number of people.

Eh, she will be gone soon so it doesn't really matter, but I am surprised that you issued a blanket scolding of all of the "senior members".  

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Laura in Texas
on 7/5/15 5:20 am

But but but she puts a smiley face after most of her replies, so she must be a nice person, unlike all you big meanies :)

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/5/15 8:27 am - OH

Yeah, like giving someone the finger while smiling...

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Violet88
on 7/5/15 2:12 pm

Yes, exactly :).   I guess you put your "PhD" to use on that one.  It doesn't seem like you've used it much anywhere else

hollykim
on 7/5/15 7:26 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On July 5, 2015 at 2:12 PM Pacific Time, Violet88 wrote:

Yes, exactly :).   I guess you put your "PhD" to use on that one.  It doesn't seem like you've used it much anywhere else

at least she HAS a PHD ,unlike some.

Violet88
on 7/5/15 8:30 pm

So she says. It IS the internet.  Anyone can say anything they want.  Why would someone with a PhD argue with a stranger online?  Hmmm

Most Active