I really need help, PLEASE

Chilipepper
on 7/21/15 3:56 am, edited 7/21/15 3:56 am

You CAN NOT minimize your proteins. They are the building blocks that keep us strong and healthy in addition to helping us lose the weight. If you can not eat your protein you are going to have to drink your protein. Or eat cottage cheese and yogurt and add protein powders to it. You need to eat protein and work on your Vits. When you start your day with protein like eggs, you won't crave carbs as much thru the day. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 7/21/15 12:59 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

What type of proteins make you sick?  Can you eat Greek yogurt?  If so, you can add protein powder to it to increase your daily intake of protein.  Can you post a sample menu of what you eat on a normal day?

Do you track what you're eating using an app like My Fitness Pal?  It might be a good place to start to see how many calories you're actually consuming in a day.

Are you drinking at least 64 ounce of water?  You should actually drink more since you're seven years post surgery.

Exercise is great for good health, but it won't make a substantial difference in your weight loss.

Sometimes it's not HOW MUCH you eat, but WHAT YOU EAT.  Good luck getting back on track.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

White Dove
on 7/21/15 5:27 pm - Warren, OH

In my case it is all amount the amount of calories I consume each day.  To lose one pound a week I eat 900 calories a day.  I weigh daily and am happy when the scale goes down one pound a week.   I have tried all kinds of shortcuts and only cutting the calories works for me. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

SkinnyScientist
on 7/22/15 10:01 am

You know..my fitbit gives me 946 calories a day? This 900 calorie mark seems to be a fairly "normal"/frequently used target number.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

MaronitaMay
on 7/22/15 11:29 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!  I am just 5 lbs away from reaching my goal weight.  See you at the finish line soon.  

sor09
on 7/21/15 10:49 pm

Try doing a modified back to Bariatric basics. A) vitamins, B) hydration... no sodas or full juices; dilute juice 2:1, C) protein D) veggies... no simple carbs, also known as white carbs.. rice pastas and breads. Exercise can be light to moderate to start. Even house work, mowing the lawn is exercise so you can be creative even more. Review and reread about WLS. Gain more and newer coping skills to help too. There are free post op menus and food list here and internet world wide.

Chilipepper
on 7/22/15 5:23 am

Juice? How abou****er instead. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

sor09
on 7/24/15 6:50 pm

Water would be better, but flavor either it's SF or diluted works, and mostly depends on your personal preference.

Misty1980
on 7/22/15 7:22 pm - edwards, CA

I had similar issues and more issues as I got farther out. I got a reverse in 2013 and it saved my life. I still have to watch my sugar and carbs but I have been able to keep all my weight off. My RNY was in 2006. Honestly RNY ruined my insides even after the reverse i still have some issues. But my labs are all good now. I don't want to write everything out but you can message me if you like. 

sor09
on 7/24/15 6:53 pm

I have seen a lot of post but I have to say. You are the first person posting, I've read, having RNY reversed. Reversed and  not a revision, right? The team that does WLS where I live say the would never do reverse surgery. Wow.

Most Active