Gastric by pass several years out

pamela258
on 9/4/15 8:21 am
with
BULL**** INDEED! I suffered from systemic Lupus for 25 years. Since my surgery, I have had almost no symptoms at all. The opposite was true for me.

RNY - 8/12/2013

Nic M
on 9/4/15 9:49 am

The fact that you write, "LOOSE" instead of the correct, "lose," and "by pass" instead of the word, "bypass," gives you no credibility. If you're a nurse, I'm a big, fat ballerina.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

2005_rny
on 9/4/15 7:17 am, edited 9/4/15 7:30 am

I had my surgery in 2005 I have been stable for a long time recently I been throwing up having stomach problems n very miserable I been to er several times n to the doctor for several test they say I'm fine n also did some biopsy of my stomach I'm still not well I eat lil bit work out a lot and am frustrated I just don't know what to do they think maybe gall stones I don't think so I think it's related to my surgery. I have never been had problems with vitamin deficiency but I did several test recently n got copies n it said something about vitamin d deficient.. I'm so unsure I thought maybe I need to reach out to other long term patients do anyone have any advice I can use this posts kinda scares me but cancer I don't have I'm sure I just need positive thoughts n advice from others thanks

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/4/15 5:54 pm - OH

Don't let this post scare you. It is nonsense!  Many of us have Vit D deficiencies.  It just means you need to increase your VIt D supplementation.

If you still have yoru gallbladder, your issue may very well be related to that.  If they have already done an EGD to physically look at your pouch and rule out the typical issues, it is unlikely that it is related to your RNY. Have they done an ultrasound or CT scan to check your gallbladder?

I would strongly suggest that you create a new post asking for suggestions (although you will need to give people more detail about the physcial symptoms) because not many people will see this message buried under this post that is complete nonsense.  

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

2005_rny
on 9/5/15 11:22 am

Thank you that makese feel better😃 I will do a new post n I'm looking for long term rny members I have a lot to chat about. Other than that I'm physically fit n take real good care of my self I'm at a very good weight just this lil issue..hope to talk more with you..:)

dandar
on 12/14/16 9:02 am

my husband had a full bypass in 2003 and has had many immune system difficulties. However he has not been diagnosised with any cancer (yet) but has maintained 200lbs 5'9" until lately....he has begun to lose his appetite, craves sweets and fruit..He has been taking iron and b12 supplements since his surgery..the surgeon was very annimate about him taking the supplements and a one a day vitamin..we often get the sublingual b12 for him as it enhances absorbption..

One thing the fail to tell u is that extended release medications DO NOT WORK as there is not enough intestines to completely absorb them..we have find out by trial and error medications that work and don't work.

I am an LPN and did much research before the by-pass and at the time he had his surgery we had a very very good surgeon out of souix falls s.d. my husband had reached 338 lbs and it was getting to the point of life death situation..they also had to do a bowel resection and seperate his spleen and liver..so it was a godsend that the surgeon was as through as he was..

Most Active