on 9/4/15 7:16 am

Great points Meow!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

poplargreys
on 9/3/15 5:22 pm
VSG on 03/31/15

I'm hoping the magic vitamin is a mixture of Cadbury mini eggs, cheap Chinese buffet food, and fried zucchini. F'realsies.

hollykim
on 9/3/15 5:49 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On September 2, 2015 at 10:58 PM Pacific Time, halldl2 wrote:

Many of you are new to the gastric by pass surgery.  I am a nurse, gastric bypass pt. and unfortunately a cancer pt. that was caused

by a deficiency after gastric bypass surgery doctors were unaware of.   Many of my pts. are past gastric bypass, have no immune system,

coming in with many severe problems such as anemia, calcium, etc.   I have one employee at my hospital that had her surgery two years

before me when they didn't have a bariatric clinic where you follow up with your labs yearly for life.  I met her 2 years ago, she mentioned

by pass surgery she had had and before our conversation was complete I had notified the bariatric clinic.  Her severe problems cannot be

reversed.  She has lost in 1 years time 3 inches of her spine.   And this is the least of her problems.     How many of you have been

diagnosed with lupus, thyroid cancer, graves disease, other cancers.  Have lost your immune system.  All of you will eventually loose

your immune system unless you learn about this vitamin deficiency that controls the immune system.

hi am a nurse also and any nurse worth her sslt knows that cancer is not caused by a vitamin deficiency. What are you selling?

eowynmn
on 9/3/15 8:06 pm - Minneapolis, MN

There is no way this person is a nurse.  I am a nurse, and I would never post generalized statements like this, misspelled without any backup data or information. A nurse knows that NOTHING is worse than posting data without Evidence or saying "this happened to my friend, so it's going to happen to everyone."  A nurse also knows that for vitamin deficiency, even if it was so bad that your body was absorbing nothing through your bowels, you could still injections, such as the B-12 which is quite common in many bariatric patients, and many non-bariatric patients.  Seriously this person is trolling.

SkinnyScientist
on 9/4/15 7:20 am

I agree. When I was majoring in Biology, the nurses had to take Biology, hematology, anatomy, physiology, clinical chemistry AND immunology courses.  NURSES are SMART, INTELLIGENT people which is why they are your BEST defense. A lot of my nurse and pharmacist friends catch a LOT of stupid MD mistakes.

Trust me, nurses and pharmacists are your best lines of defense in preventing medical mistakes/related deaths and should be making WAY more than what they do. IN my opinion, they should also be driving the Mercedes.... 

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Susie2756
on 9/3/15 8:21 pm

I have said it before and I will say it again, my tolerance for ignorance is at an all time low...  I am shaking my head silently saying wth....I actually took the time away from my coffee to read this ridiculous post.  Beat me with the pinata stick ffs.  This has been a long week. 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/4/15 8:11 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Susie2756
on 9/4/15 10:57 am

Exactly! LOL 

pec21
on 9/4/15 5:12 am, edited 9/4/15 5:13 am
VSG on 12/02/15

That is so sweet.  Brings tears to my eyes.  Thanks, Julie

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/3/15 9:36 pm - OH

{throwing the bull**** flag...}

Now, if you have any actual medical evidence of gastric bypass causing immune system problems, if you cite the {nonexistent} source (medical journal article or study), we will be happy to read it thoughtfully.

Until then, please don't try to scare newbies with nonsense.

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active