Calories and protein?

Smallbites2015
on 9/3/15 4:25 am

I'm seven weeks postop how in the world do you manage to get all your protein and calories in when I can barely manage to eat maybe 1-2 ounces at a time ? Greek yogurt I can eat 3.5 oz with a break in between.

Nut said back off protein shakes which I may have one or two per day.

Meat still an issue but worried about carbs in beans. I eat string cheese, can tolerate Ostrim meat sticks only, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, 1/2 oz deli meat - low sodium turkey breast, laughing cow wedges.

I'm too full to think about veggies or fruit.

Getting vitamins in most days, was doing good on water but my job just went nuts and I'm all over the place. Now getting a cold so feel really crappy.

Stopped exercising due to low calorie intake...will I still lose? Don't want my hair to fall out either.

I've shunned the scale for now but clothes are really loose already down a size.

Help! 😩 I've been so busy lately it is a blur

White Dove
on 9/3/15 5:04 am - Warren, OH

This is called the honeymoon period.  Your body is burning stored fat.  You are doing fine

A year from now you will look back at this time of being satisfied with so little food and wish that it would come back again

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

(deactivated member)
on 9/3/15 6:07 am

Your body is eating your excess FAT lol.. please try to keep exercising so it doesn't eat your calorie-burning MUSCLE particularly the irreplaceable heart muscle .  (((()))) i know its hard it will get DRAMATICALLY better in a few weeks I promise 

jamrodriguez
on 9/3/15 10:16 am

Whatever your body can tolerate to digest to get the protein in, go with that! Remember that everyone heals at a different rate. So even though your plan may say you should be able to eat something, it doesn't mean your stomach will tolerate it yet. Don't push yourself to eat anything that causes you pain or discomfort. Don't worry as much about getting your calories in as getting in your protein. Make that your priority, as well as your water intake, and you'll be fine. 

Smallbites2015
on 9/3/15 4:49 pm

Thank you all. The dietician told me to back off exercise until I'm taking in at least 600 calories. I was doing so much I basically had a zero balance of intake for the day because I burned off what I ate.  I had to blink a few times and be silent for a minute. 

Not ow used to hearing eat more exercise less.

sigh it's a work in progress. I just want to be healthy while I'm losing weight

NYMom222
on 9/3/15 7:44 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

In the beginning don't even worry about fruits and veggies. I found it was easier ti drink the protein drink in the morning before I ate anything. It was harder to get it down later in the day. I always made sure it had around 30g of protein in it either from powder + milk or adding extra unflavored Whey protein. I used to stir the unflavored whey protein into things as well...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active