6 yrs out and developed and ulcer

DianeSchafer
on 10/1/15 6:05 pm - Olive Branch, MS

Anyone having this problem?

AshleyDillo
on 10/1/15 6:13 pm - Tallahassee, FL

I think I might have one.  I told my primary and he wrote me an omeprazole Rx and said if that didn't work we would do a scope.

I have been getting the same kind of pain for 4 years, but only when drinking certain things.  It started flaring up before recently after drinking and eating different stuff, so that's why I finally said something.

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

sweetpotato1959
on 10/2/15 10:10 pm

Ashley,

I found prevacid 30 mg 2x a day worked quicker than the generic prilosec for me.. I stayed on it for three weeks but was getting relief after 2 days.. Be very careful and avoid the acidic , tomatoes and tomato products..colas? citric fruits..

. Mine flared after I had to use anti inflammatories for another health issue. My doctor then gave me a regimine to use when I must have an anti-inflammatory... it is Prevacid 30 mg, with 400 ibuprophen and 50 mg Ultram...It works for pain and stomach protection and the pain relief is effective enough that I only use it twice a week.

Be aware that you need to take your calcium and magnesium at least two hours apart from these meds, because Prilosec.prevacid and their generics will block absortion of your base minerals... a good thing to use for this is bone broth, to help in replacing your base minerals.

Don't rule out having the scope. I know of a lady that had a rare fast growing stomach cancer diagnosed because she kept having indigestion issues, and the gastro did a scope and found it.dh

M_reeds
on 10/2/15 6:16 am

Prior with the surgery do you have the same pain? sorry im Reeds my husband and I are trying to research about surgery for weight loss so any problem occur before and after surgery is very important and very helpful for us.

Chickenboob
on 10/2/15 5:50 pm - Rockland, Canada

I have an ulcer booo! I am 4.5 years out. But no symptoms. it was found incidentally on a scope.

RNY 2011/07/26 HW 338; SW 301; LW 199; Starting over weight 255; CW 212; GOAL #1 lose regain back to 199 lbs!

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/3/15 6:14 am

I developed food allergies long term post op. Eliminating them helped with my pouch and my gut.

Food allergies may cause inflamation in the pouch/gut- and that may cause irritation and ulcers...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

KRIS LEDEZMA
on 10/3/15 7:54 am - Los Fresnos, TX

I am almost 8 yrs out. I Had the VSG in Dec. 2007. I now take 40 mg. of Nexium daily. I have severe esophagitis. Several ulcers were found. I have a hiatal hernia in my esophagus (doc not willing to fix -- says it would be like turning my VSG into RNY) and while all of this was being discovered I was also diagnosed with h-pylori. The past 2 months have been torture. But as long as I take my daily Nexium and Carafate (to coat the esophagus) I was advised to continue with meds for a few months and have a follow up visit with Gastro Doc in January.

H/W:  369  DAY OF SURGERY:  355  C/W: 168  TOTAL LOSS: 201  GOAL: 150

Most Active