Nausea all the time

josannee
on 11/17/15 8:31 am

I am 9 years post op and have been feeling nausea when I wake up, when I go to bed and off and on all through the day for weeks.  Not pregnant.  I welcome others sharing their experiences.  Thank you so much

NYMom222
on 11/17/15 8:38 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Best thing is to go to your Bariatric Surgeon and go get checked out. That being said, one of my main symptoms has been nausea, esp. if I tried to come off the Prilosec they had me on. They did and endoscopy...nothing... tested for h.pylori, nope... finally did a cat scan and I have a hernia. While I have occasional twinges of pain, I didn't really think I had one... and one of the symptoms of hernia is nausea.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/17/15 9:08 am

there is so many things that can cause that... like GB issues, dehydration, excessive acid, etc etc..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 11/17/15 10:07 am

Seeing your doctor is the best bet because we never know what's going on inside our bodies.  Especially when it comes to nausea, it could be a ton of different things.  I had a time period where I would wake up every single night, for like two months, and just throw up.  I have no idea why and I wish I had gone to the doctor then.  But, the time passed and it stopped happening.  I have no idea what it was but I definitely recommend that you see your doctor.

Tracy D.
on 11/17/15 12:02 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I have a friend who was feeling just like you...she had RNY two years ago.  She went to her surgeon and found out she had a hernia.  Is feeling much better now that it's fixed.  

Get to the doctor, please! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

ChristineB
on 11/17/15 4:37 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
On November 17, 2015 at 4:31 PM Pacific Time, josannee wrote:

I am 9 years post op and have been feeling nausea when I wake up, when I go to bed and off and on all through the day for weeks.  Not pregnant.  I welcome others sharing their experiences.  Thank you so much

Basically what you are experiencing is not having anything in your system at the times of day that you are saying. (my primary suggested a tiny bit of protein combined with a small amount of carbs to counter act the horrible wake up of nausea)  I started feeling what you are feeling at about the same time (9 years out) that you are. I am just at 12+ years out and have learned that I have to have a tiny bit of food in my belly when I go to bed otherwise I have overwhelming nausea until about 10am. (equals flu like symptoms for me) I do not have nausea later in the day that you are but maybe you do not have the same food intake schedule that I have.

Just as diet and exercise are a new life style for PO patients maybe for some of us it is having a steady intake of a small amount of food to balance our systems . . .

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Valerie G.
on 11/18/15 5:36 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

My vote is dehydration in the morning.  Many have resorted to keeping a bottle of water next to the bed so they can have some before they actually get up in the morning.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active