Shapewear advice? (Xposted to RNY forum)

Kathy S.
on 11/18/15 11:22 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

bruindiva92
on 11/18/15 12:50 pm
Revision on 03/29/17

Don't laugh but I wear 3 shape wear garments daily:  High waist panty girdle (sits right under my bra), FLEXEES shaping camisole with my own bra and finally a FLEXEES seamless camisole over it all.  Remember not to purchase too small or the garments will roll up.

I purchased the FLEXEES from Walmart--both under $20 and the high waist panty girdle from JC Penney.  Take a look on-line or head to the stores.

I never leave leave the house without my shape wear on!

KathyA999
on 11/19/15 6:10 pm

What a pretty dress!  I'm sure you'll look stunning in it. 

I wear shapewear a lot, and here are some tips I've found that work for me:

• Shapewear cami's tend to roll up on me; I do buy them small because, shapewear! (Plus, I AM small, heehee!)
  • The under-boob style lets you wear your own bra and avoid that always stylish uniboob look; shapewear that covers my girls (old ladies actually) smash those little flappy dog-ears together.
  • The kind with hook-and-eye in the crotch works the best for me, keeps from rolling up and stays in place.  If you need smoothing for your saddlebags you can wear a shortie style with it (like Tina Faye did on David Letterman, look it up on You Tube).  In my case, I don't wear leg shapewear because it would create a roll all its own at the bottom of the garment, since I have a lot of drapery from the knee up.
  • Speaking of rolls, there are styles with full backs (in other words, that don't end at the bra but go a lot further up).  I prefer these because they minimize the back roll.
  • Cost be damned!  This is your LOOK we're talking about!

Yeeps, I could go on for days about shapewear - the new underworld, as someone said, LOL!

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

Most Active