I started to cry this morning.

CMR1075
on 1/12/16 6:41 am
VSG on 01/15/16

Tomorrow is my pre op appointment for my surgery scheduled on Friday and I started to cry. Not in a bad way, but in a good way. Out of excitement! I can't believe the day is finally here. I have wanted this for 5 years now and even more so, I have wanted to be thinner my whole life. Being heavy since I was 14 has definitely diminished my self esteem. Too many years of hearing "you have such a pretty face, if you'd just lose weight you'd be perfect". Or the millions of times my super wonderful ex-husband would tell me "you're fat, who's going to ever want you." Well if that doesn't make you feel like poo, I don't know what will. So today I got excited....very excited! I am going to be skinny for the first time in my life (of course that will take some time). I wonder what it will feel like to walk into a clothing store and not have a major meltdown, calling myself a cow on the way out. Wonder what it will feel like not to hide behind someone in a picture or cry when I see an awful picture of myself posted on Facebook. I wonder why my ex's face will be when he sees I'm not a total fatty anymore . I am beyond excited and can't wait to get this done and start my new healthier, thinner life!!!! Happy Tuesday everybody!!

lking
on 1/12/16 7:20 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 12/04/15

I'm so happy for you!

67 yrs old, 4'10", BMI 31.8 (51.8 at start), HW 256.4 (8/4/15), SW 217.4, CW 152.8 (4/30/18), GW 125.0, RNY 12/4/15 Dr. RoseMarie Jones, Breast Cancer DX 2/16, Bi-lateral mastectomy 8/9/16.

CMR1075
on 1/12/16 7:25 am
VSG on 01/15/16

Thank you so much!!! 

(deactivated member)
on 1/12/16 8:24 am - CA

So many good things are coming your way.   So happy for you, please be sure to keep us updated on how you are doing!  

CMR1075
on 1/12/16 8:30 am
VSG on 01/15/16

Thank you very much....and I will keep up with my progress.

Kathy S.
on 1/12/16 8:56 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

OK, I don't have a rainbow kitty for nothing. Group hug!       We are so happy for you.  Make a WLS bucket list. I did and it was the most amazing thing I did. I put stuff on there I had only dreamed of doing.  I remember watching movies and wishing I could do that.  Now I do!

Looking forward to your updates!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

CMR1075
on 1/12/16 9:04 am
VSG on 01/15/16

Love the hug...thank you!!! A WLS bucket list sounds like a good idea.

HKT53
on 1/12/16 9:16 am - Toronto, Canada

You are so a reflection of me. Happy you are on the final stretch of pre op and we will be happy to see you on the Loser's bench. Tell us all about your journey. I got those same comments from friend's, family and co workers..."you have such a pretty face, if you just lose some weight, you'd be perfect".  Let me know when that magic moment happens that you realize you are perfect for you and that this was totally for you and nobody else matters. It took me the loss of 150 lbs to finally work on my self esteem. Yes and to realize this WLS is for me...not to please others. The whole concept of "pretty face" and "losing to be perfect" is, in fact, your desire to please others. I can hardly wait to hear you say, "I looked at myself in the mirror this morning, and I like what I see...Im ready for today's challenges with my head held high". Now, that's confidence and you will get there. I want you to tell us, you totally dont even care what the ex thinks or the look on his face. No more abusive comments are going to get to you. And by the way, shopping for clothes in regular stores and not having a melt down....totally awesome!

Referral - Feb/14, Orientation HRRH - September/14, Surgeon appt. & gastroscopy Dr. Hagen - October/14, Trio appts. - April/15, Dr. Glazer - April/15, Revision RNY - July 10, 2015

CMR1075
on 1/12/16 9:49 pm
VSG on 01/15/16

I can't wait to get there as well!!! Thank you HKT53!

Bigups2315
on 1/12/16 9:20 am

Congrats! 

?The seeker embarks on a journey to find what he wants and discovers, along the way, what he needs.? 
Wally Lamb

Most Active