Pre op liquid diet + migraine

Chelsey1127
on 4/5/16 7:03 pm

Im on day 3 of my 2 week liquid diet. I've been slowly doing protein shakes and replacing meals before this as I know how my system works and how I react to dramatic changes. I suffer from severe migraines and have since I was about 3. I've read a lot of the carbs and sugar cuts is what makes the headaches/migraines come about. My question is, outside of my prescribed mess, is there anything out there that could help keep everything mild? Everything I would normally do to help get rid of migraines is a big no no right now (caffeine, sugar, carbs, etc). Just wondering if anyone else has dealt with this and had any success in curving the head pain. Thanks

RNY on 03/11/15

I took my migraine med (sumatriptan) during the liquid diet.

Chelsey1127
on 4/5/16 7:37 pm

I've been taking that as well. It hasn't been working well :(

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/6/16 4:14 am

First few days is sugar / carbs detox. Major headaches for me every time, even now, when I get off eating too many carbs. 

If you toughen is out -you should see huge improvements in day 4-6. 

I get really constipated when doing low carbs and that triggers my migrane. Keeping the guts moving, complete BM every day minimizes my headaches... 

Sometimes I wake up with one, that is gone soon after I had a very good BM... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Steph Meat Hag
on 4/6/16 4:49 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

On day two I had a mind blowing migraine with all the fun sounds hurt, light hurt, smells hurt.  I took my typical migraine meds they kinda helped.  I staid home from work, thought I was dying, and laid in bed all day.  

Maybe it was a migraine brought on by no carbs, maybe it was just a no carb headache.  Whatever it was cleared into a typical headache on the 3rd day then went away. 

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

AlanaLaRoux
on 4/23/16 10:45 am
RNY on 05/03/16 with

Hey Chelsea!

Just wondering how your migraines have been post op? I'm in the pre-op diet stage and have had a couple but I'm hoping they've settled down. I'm a little worried about how they'll be in the hospital as stress, disrupted sleep, flourescent lights are all triggers for me

Most Active