Would You Do It Again?

gram247
on 5/17/16 9:06 am

I am almost 5 years post VSG. I lost over 200 pounds - went fro size 32-34 to 10-12. 

I can walk, play with my grandkids, shop in a regular store for regular size clothing. 

more importantly, I feel better about myself! 

I would do it again in a heart beat. I only regret not doing it sooner!

I do not intend to gain back any weight. I follow the rules & have completely changed my eating habits. 

WLS is NOT a quick fix. It is hard work. you have to work at it every day. It is a commitment to yourself for a better life!

Those *****gain the weight do not make that commitment.  Think long & hard - this will extend your life!

Good luck

Eggface
on 5/17/16 7:45 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

In a nano-second. No complications. Severe GERD resolved day of surgery. Off 8 prescriptions. Severe Sleep Apnea resolved. Best gift I ever gave myself. Hope you will feel the same.

On your prior history stuff... just keep in mind this is a major change... just as much on the emotional side than the physically. Build your team... psych, group & individual therapy... keep the convos going with those you trust.

Best,

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

(deactivated member)
on 5/18/16 4:47 am

I have to join in here and say of course I would do it again!!!  I couldn't even clean my own house on a daily basis or interact with my daughter.  Now I can pretty much zoom around.  I am thankful for the smallest things I can do now that I couldn't do before.  I had surgery in June of 2009 and today, I am in the best 'shape' mentally, physically, etc.  I obviously still struggle with food addiction, obsessing over food and situations in general, but I am trying to confront those things.  I have learned to value this change....like REALLY value it, plan, and identify with it, so that I am helping myself and not sabotaging.  Good luck!

Texas Girl
on 5/19/16 2:20 pm

Yes!! dangeloc!

Having my RNY was the first step in getting in control of my life and  made me hopeful...  I am a Happy person, but before my RNY, 09/2005, I was secretly hating myself everyday!!  It is a lot of work that is worth it...

I weighed 250 and lost down to 161, in about a years time... I have gained 20 pounds but have the Power to lose it! And I will.... I have the tools... and remember my favorite size 12 clothes... they are in my closet!! I look at them often...  I graduate from college with my BAS in the Spring of 2017, I Will wear my favorite size 12 dress that day...

Having this surgery is a serious decision, it is a surgery that can be a little scary, but when it is complete, your transformation will be Wonderful!!!

God Bless you!!

Texas girl

Most Active