Five Day Meat Test

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/3/16 8:08 am
RNY on 08/05/19

The "Five Day Pouch Test" may sound appealing, but it's no way to re-establish good eating habits and is a deceptive "quick fix" like the ones so many of us tried before surgery.

Instead, how about the Five Day Meat Test?

• Get back to basics!

• Meet or exceed your surgeon's protein goals!

• Stop worrying about meal planning!

• Eat tasty tasty meat!

Many folks on the RNY board can vouch for Meat Week, so take matters into your own hands and take the challenge!

(Disclaimer: I'm not a medical professional, I just like meat. Take this as you will.)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

The Salty Hag
on 6/3/16 8:19 am
RNY on 05/20/13

Yesssss! Rib-eye with a side of bacon! 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

pammieanne
on 6/3/16 8:23 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Ya'll are killing me! One of the  things on my 'list' as I've been progressing through foods is meat week!!!

I can't wait to get there and join the ranks of those that consume cow, pig, and chicken all in one day!

Soon baby... oh so soon!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

rocky513
on 6/3/16 9:00 am - WI

I will never understand why WLS people think that going back on a liquid diet will help them get back on track, especially RNY folks who no longer have a pyloric valve.  You will ever feel restriction with liquids, allowing you to eat more frequently.  Liquids flow right through you, leaving you feeling hunger much sooner.  Liquids do not keep you feeling satisfied so you are constantly looking for that extra snack (adding extra calories).

The ONLY way to effectively feel the restriction from your surgery is to eat dense protein ( meat. Meat, and more MEAT!) at every meal.  That is the WHOLE POINT of having surgery, to feel restriction.  

My diet is primarily meat and veggies, Greek yogurt, with one serving of fruit daily.  It has worked for me. 

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/3/16 10:22 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Hell I got my pyloric valve & girl going all liquids kept me hungry big time! I couldn't wait to get past that stage post op. I rather have my eyes gorged out my skull than to go back to all liquids again.

You know how I reset after a too many carbs indulgence? Meat, or meat & cheese. I reset every freaking time this way & it gets me over my carb cravings & has helped me keep off almost 200 hundred pounds. I'm convinced this will work this time & every time going forward.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

emelar
on 6/3/16 9:19 am - TX

I do an Everyday Meat Test.  It works great.  Tastes good, keeps me full, tastes good, provides nutrition, tastes good.....did I mention tastes good? 

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/3/16 10:14 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I so luv this! I'm keeping it as a separate window tab on my computer so I can look at whenever my will starts to fade away. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

melissasue1982
on 6/3/16 10:57 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I haven't been able to tolerate about 95% of meats I have eaten since surgery.    The thing I miss is lots of protein for little calories and almost no carbs!!  

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Amy R.
on 6/4/16 6:57 am

Try not to worry too much about it.  You are still pretty early out.  Just keep trying different meats prepared different ways and soon enough you'll find something that works.  Also, go back and re-try some of the meats you couldn't handle  in a couple of months.  Many times it's a process and our body eventually will tolerate most meats.

The important thing is to not quit trying.  Sometimes we see people several months out who still can not eat dense protein.  Those people are likely headed for regain once they lose their malabsorption.  Dense protein is a huge piece of a successful long term postop diet.

melissasue1982
on 6/6/16 5:00 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I have been trying, and no dice yet. 

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Most Active