Excited and anxious

z_m14
on 6/17/16 1:12 pm, edited 6/17/16 1:13 pm
RNY on 07/05/16

I'm getting excited for my surgery now that I have an actual date scheduled; this surgery is becoming a reality instead of a possibility. I'm nervous, but I keep telling myself all the great things this surgery will do for me.

I'm looking forward to going to amusement parks without worrying if my ass will fit in the seats of the rollercoasters. I'm excited to eventually shop in regular stores and partake in all the savings and deals that "plus size" stores don't really offer. I'm excited mostly to feel better and be healthier. I look forward to feeling "lighter" and more energetic. When I was on WW and lost 60 lbs., I felt great, but I can only imagine how I'll feel after I get this surgery. It's going to be good. 

What are some things you enjoyed after surgery that you couldn't enjoy before surgery?

Deanna798
on 6/17/16 1:24 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

This is a video of me on the slide with my 2 year old.  9 months after surgery and down around 125lbs from my highest weight.

it's so worth it!

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

(deactivated member)
on 6/17/16 2:04 pm

You will achieve all of the above in a few weeks ... now the REAL question is .. what do you REALLY want?  What are you willing to work towards every single day to achieve ? 

the world IS your oyster grrl..make ur wishes .. and then work every day to make them come true  ((((hugs))))

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/17/16 2:09 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

After surgery, I've been able to:

• Ride 40 miles in the big annual city bike race
  • Get pregnant quickly, have an uncomplicated pregnancy, and have a healthy, happy little boy
  • Fly across the country without feeling squished
  • Run across the Phoenix airport to make a tight connection without passing out
  • Buy clothes wherever I felt like, including high boots
  • Cuddling my husband in bed as I fall asleep without having my CPAP hose in the way
  • Take family pictures without feeling (too) self-conscious

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

karenp8
on 6/17/16 2:35 pm - Brighton, IL

Nerves are totally normal as you start this amazing journey to a healthy you. I keep a list of changes and victories in my journey and a before pic on my frig to keep me focused. Here's a few: not being afraid to weigh at the doctors office,not having to wonder if a lawn chair will hold my weight,not worrying about fitting in a booth,walking around a flea market til hubby asks to stop (before I would sit because I couldn't keep up,walking 4 miles a day for fun,getting rid of pills for blood pressure, cholesterol and diabetes,being able to shop in a normal store and wear anything I want and best of all living life instead of sitting on the sidelines. My highest weight was 273 and I've weighed 118 to 123 for the last three years. I was obese even as a child and now I feel better at 56 than I did at 26! Here's a before and after too! Follow your doctor's guidance and you will be amazed!

Most Active