Self Perception & friends

(deactivated member)
on 10/30/16 3:33 am

i understand they only have one kind of restraining order in most states ( whats called a no-contact stay away here) . theres a less stringent kind too which is called a refrain from which basically means do not violate the law and  harass or stalk or otherwise abuse this person. you can still see each other and or live together . 

the only thing its actually good for is its no longer his word against yours if the cops are called - they are supposed to be slightly prejudiced in your favor 

crqvingchange
on 10/29/16 11:13 am

If crazy guys are calling you all hours of the night, it might be a good idea to change your phone number to unlisted and not give it out to just anyone.  Try putting your phone on silent during the night hours.  As for them peeping through your window - blackout blinds might help.  

I'm sorry you are in a scary place.  Truly, I can not identify with you, apart from the love of buying new clothes. 

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

bruindiva92
on 10/28/16 3:36 pm
Revision on 03/29/17

I had a "friend" I've known for 15 years tell me to my face she would no longer speak to me or be my friend because I was skinny!  That was a year ago and we have not spoken.  

It was tough to deal with but I let her go.  I did appreciate the fact that she told me to my face and I didn't get this secondhand. 

(deactivated member)
on 10/30/16 3:39 am

wow! i actually had dinner last with a very cute skinny friend and her husband and thought how unlikely we would have stayed friends had i still bern overeating and ashamed of my body . And she's such a great person .. and really so vulnerable and in need of support ( her work environment is difficult) . 

so one set of friends gets replaced with another - in my case if I'm courageous . And i keep in touch with my old friends - just have learned not to count on their help or support as much . They have their ownn problems and often can't see mine. 

Most Active