Marco?

Highfunctioningfatman
on 2/27/17 7:25 pm
VSG on 08/29/16

There are some deactivated members here that weren't last week. Is this a temporary thing? What the heck happened if it isn't?

April Parker
on 2/27/17 7:34 pm - Gaffney, SC
RNY on 06/20/16

i think that just means that they deleted their account.

HW- 283    SW- 264     GW- 130

(deactivated member)
on 2/27/17 8:11 pm, edited 2/27/17 12:11 pm

I bet a frequent poster  got " moderated" and is outraged lol. 

It happened quite a few times to me : my phone ( which has several languages in it ) took off which happens regularly: and then I have to fight the foreign spell-checker for every word literally . 

When my phone does that I usually accept weird capitalizations and accents as the best I can do and assume readers know it's not my fault or drunk texting lol. This condition has been mistaken by the moderators as deserving of censorship grr. 

If I wasn't moderated ( and so prevented from editing my own posts ) I would have fixed it as soon as I could : but deleting posts and censorship keeping posters from controlling their own content is offensive and insulting. 

There is an issue here with unexplained moderation and endless moderation and deletion of posts. 

Beam me up Scottie
on 2/27/17 8:41 pm
People leave the site and delete their profiles.

Stay around long enough...and the site has almost 100 percent turn over every few years ...there are a few long term vets, but most of the people that were here 3, 5, 10 years ago...are gone.

Scott

* Nicole *
on 2/28/17 2:19 am

I actually have to agree that it probably was that someone got moderated and it outraged a few of them along with it. Thats usually when the TOS gets laid out.

DS Aug 15th,2005 @ goal, living life and loving it.

"An Arabian will take care of its owner as no other horse will, for it has not only been raised to physical perfection, but has been instilled with a spirit of loyalty unparalleled by that of any other breed."

4MRB4PHOTO
on 2/28/17 3:02 am
VSG on 07/28/14

Well at least no one was blocked and had their avatar changed to a picture of a pig wearing lipstick.

(Reference to another website that actually happened).

(deactivated member)
on 2/28/17 3:09 am

Really wow! 

Lipsticklady
on 2/28/17 9:29 am, edited 2/28/17 9:30 am
VSG on 05/14/13
On February 28, 2017 at 11:02 AM Pacific Time, 4MRB4PHOTO wrote:

Or had a bad review left on their business FB page when they had never done business together.

Or banned a large group of people who were actually asking why certain people were removed without notice or warning.

Or changed peoples' user names to things like Need2GrowUp.

Or implied that people were bullying others via PM but then sent an email saying "you weren't doing what I implied you were doing".

I could go on...

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

(deactivated member)
on 2/28/17 3:10 pm

The bad review would pi..s a saint off . How did they know the individual came from a bariatric site ? 

Lipsticklady
on 2/28/17 5:38 pm
VSG on 05/14/13
On February 28, 2017 at 11:10 PM Pacific Time, quutgrrl wrote:

The bad review would pi..s a saint off . How did they know the individual came from a bariatric site ? 

The owner of the Bariatric Pal found MY FB business page and left a bad review of me.  It's in my pics.  ;)

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

Most Active