Do you think I will be okay to go to Disney 3 months after RNY ?

AggieMae
on 3/20/17 2:04 am
VSG on 10/25/16

We went to Disneyland 6 weeks post op, I'd lost about 30 pounds...enough not need a seat belt extender on the plane and to fit comfortably in the rides. Plan your menus. I had cheese sticks, packets of protein powder (I mixed it with skin milk in a 8 oz nation jar) tuna and single serving crystal light in my bag.

TheNewT
on 3/21/17 7:58 am
VSG on 08/04/14

At 3 months out I could handle a drive. Just stop at stretch as you would normally.

I went last June for a week (but I was almost 2 years out by then). It was hotter than 40 hells. I kept a water bottle in my hand the ENTIRE time. Just keep sipping to stay hydrated. I also tried to get out early in the day, when it was a bit cooler. Also, they keep one park open late each day. You can go to that park when the sun goes down and stay late.

I utilized the fridge to keep protein and drinks. Hindsight, I should have taken my blender/ninja to do protein shakes as a way to get in more liquid and protein.

Have fun!!

NYMom222
on 3/23/17 9:52 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Obviously from all the opinions everyone is different LOL. I know one week after surgery I was standing in my kitchen going - I can't believe I had surgery a week ago...No pain. I was still tired for a few weeks in the afternoon....

My biggest thing would be the food and the water... bring a shaker bottle and some protein packets- if you are driving bring a case of premier protein.... At three months not all foods will agree with you, so you have to know yourself. Sit down and rest when you need to...

early on because I could never finish a whole protein bar, I put them in a sandwich baggy, I could break off a small piece if needed but not waste the bar...they dry out easy and get hard.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active