Abby Lee Miller of "Dance Moms" Undergoes V.S.G.

Cathy H.
on 4/23/17 5:28 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

I guess I'm lucky cuz my diabetes is in remission. Post-op low carb diet did the trick.

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/25/17 8:49 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I also had diabetes (in remission ) & had the VSG. I think it definitely has something to do with the re routing of the intestines for those numbers WhiteDove mentioned, but I think diet/lifestyle changes has a bigger role.

B4 wls I was on the fast acting & slow acting insulin along with the pills, through diet changes I was off the insulin & on the lowest dose of the pills. After wls, as the weight came off, I eventually was taken off the pills & have stayed off of them.

For me, I do believe if I went back to a diet high in refined carbs & stay that way, that it would make my diabetes active again. I'm not sure if the same would happen to those who have the rny/ds., especially past the honeymoon period.

I don't know if those who had that surgery, had significant regain & ate a lot refined carbs, had their diabetes come back.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

diane S.
on 4/29/17 11:05 am

My brother had type 2 diabetes. It resolved while he was in the hospital for vsg and has been gone ever since. I have another friend who had type 2 for 20 plus years. She had vsg and was a lightweight by most standards. It took quite a bit for time for her but hers has resolved. She still checks her sugar but is doing fine. There is a medical reason why vsg helps with this but I don't know it. Might look at the lapsf.com web site for explanation. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Mary Gee
on 4/23/17 6:44 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Off the WLS topic, I read the other day she is facing jail time for bankruptcy fraud....hiding assets from the court. Said she was afraid of going to jail, and worried she would be raped.

I never watched the show...the commercials were enough to keep me from tuning in. I'm not much for reality shows.....except Amazing Race and cooking competitions.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Eggface
on 4/23/17 8:13 am - Sunny Southern, CA

The Amazing Race is my favorite show... really the only show I consistently have watched from the first season. I'd love to be on it except... those mass quantity eating challenges (they once had to eat an ostrich egg scrambled... I'd be there till next week's episode LOL) and I've never driven stick (though I suppose I'd could learn that quick enough) but everything else I'd love to do.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

White Dove
on 4/23/17 8:19 am - Warren, OH

She built her dance studio from nothing but a dream, and then got caught in the trap of not managing her money realistically.

The bankrupt courts are overflowing with people who borrowed too much, too many times.

Hers is a big news story because the public knows her. She is getting more press on her bankruptcy than Trump got on any of his.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/25/17 10:55 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Replace "Amazing Race" with "RuPaul's Drag Race" and I'm with you. TOTALLY my guilty pleasure!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

breanna
on 4/24/17 5:34 pm

Surprised that they are allowing her to do the surgery pre-jail time. She faces up to 2 1/2 years for pleading guilty and her sentencing date is scheduled for May 8th.

Plead guilty of hiding $755,000 from her bankruptcy and brought more than $10,000 into the U.S. from Australia without the required reporting of the currency.

Most Active