Divorce after surgery

NorcalFF
on 6/20/17 10:38 am
VSG on 03/21/17

Well I'm less that three months post op and my wife asked me for a divorce. My diet and water intake haven't been the best. Im not eating junk, it's more like I am having trouble eating at all. Are there any other men that have gone through divorce after WLS? I'd also like to hear from the women as well. I'm not sure why all this happened but I can't rule out that surgery doesn't have anything to do with this. Thanks for the help

Kathy S.
on 6/20/17 11:13 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi NorcalFF,

I am so sorry to hear all your family is going through. It's going to be hard but you have to focus on "you". Don't let this derail you getting healthy and living life as it was meant to be lived. I have not gone through a divorce but lost my husband over a year ago. I understand going down the rabbit hole of emotional loss. After losing over 200 pounds 13 years ago I had regain for the first time ever. Thankfully I was able to get back on track and lost the regain.

Make sure you attend your support groups and if you need to a support group for those that are going through divorce.

I can't speak to your situation but having been on the boards for years a lot of relationships don't survive. It's due to many factors.

We all are here for you

Try reaching out to the guys on the Men's Forum. http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/men/

Regards,

Kathy

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

NorcalFF
on 6/20/17 11:15 am
VSG on 03/21/17

Thanks for the kind words.

reree6898
on 6/20/17 12:29 pm - TN
VSG on 09/28/15

I am so sorry to hear you are dealing with this. I'm not a guy but I can relate. Last July (when I was 10 months post op) on a Thursday my husband was telling me how much he loved me and how beautiful he thought I was then on Friday while I was at work he took money out of the bank, packed up all his stuff from the house and moved out by 1:30 in the afternoon without a word to me about it. Through that morning we had been texting and planning a date night, apparently while he was moving out. I have been through a huge grieving process since then and found that I had to let myself know it was ok to grieve my marriage while still finding a way to focus on keeping myself on track and moving forward with my progress. I had to realize that no matter what was going on around me I was worth reaching my goals. There were times that I just felt that I couldn't eat due to all the stress and emotions. In those times I still had to force myself to still make sure that I was at least getting the nutrition that my body needed to function. When I couldn't eat I sipped on protein shakes. It was not appealing to me but I had to be sure to at least get my protein in because nothing was going to be worth letting my health fail. I hope for all the best for you.

Had VSG on 9/28/15

Lost 161 lbs since surgery, LOST 221 lbs overall so far!!

NorcalFF
on 6/20/17 12:33 pm
VSG on 03/21/17

Reree- thanks so much for sharing and I appreciate your advice. I agree that now that it's over I need to focus on my health goals. Like you said it super hard and grieving right now is taking a toll. Thanks again.

reree6898
on 6/20/17 12:58 pm - TN
VSG on 09/28/15

Your very welcome. It does get easier as time goes by.

Hang in there, Rachel

Had VSG on 9/28/15

NorcalFF
on 6/20/17 1:09 pm
VSG on 03/21/17

Thanks Rachel

Ginnny
on 6/20/17 12:52 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

What a crappy way to end a marriage. I'm glad you were able to focus on yourself and do what needed to be done for your health! All the best to for the future.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

reree6898
on 6/20/17 12:58 pm - TN
VSG on 09/28/15

Thanks so much.

Rachel

Had VSG on 9/28/15

Highfunctioningfatman
on 6/20/17 4:24 pm
VSG on 08/29/16

Every time I see you story I can't help but think about two things. The first is what a dirtbag! It angers me how he was leading you on. The second is how much better off you are without him. You have completely remade yourself in so many ways. Congratulations on the new, better you!

Most Active