New here, need advice.

Gen27
on 7/6/17 7:02 am - saint-joseph-de-kent, NB

I can relate at everything you said!!!

Just standing on my feet for 10 min I can start feeling like I need to sit.. like what is that, I never use to be like that. It's not fun. I feel like doing nothing all the time. the dishes, cleaning, even taking a shower is hard for me. Right now I definitely don't live a ''normal'' life. I'm suffering inside/out.

I remember, last year we went at a fair and my oldest wanted me to go on the ride with him. I had the hardest time getting in, I did, but I was so embarrassed (plus I was about 20lbs lighter than today...)

I also remember, we went in a plane ride that was going up and down the air, well our plane never went up because it was too eavy, that was so hard on me that day, I refused to go on any other roller coaster.

I cannot wait to enjoy doing stuff like bike riding or even just taking a walk.. :(

CerealKiller Kat71
on 7/6/17 7:10 am
RNY on 12/31/13

::hugs::

I completely understand. I've had very similar experiences. Use these to inspire and not shame you. YOU are worth it.

Here's a link to a response I gave to another poster who asked what some of the benefits were of no longer being obese. Here was my response to her. Maybe you will find some things in there that speak to you as well.

Just remember, obesity is a disease and not a moral failing. I swear to you, the fact that you get up every day, wash dishes, take a shower, and raise a child means that you are anything but lazy or unmotivated in life. You are actually working 20 times harder than the thin person next to you.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

OrangeBlossom17
on 7/6/17 9:23 am

Your doctor would know more about WLS referrals for New Brunswick. I am in Ontario and all request have to go through Ontario Bariatric Network. You have to meet the criteria set out by your province and the surgery is covered. With your BMI you would definetly qualify for the surgery.

Best of luck.

Referred:Oct 2016 Orientation: Jan 9th/17 Nurse: Apr 4th/17 PreOp Class 1: Apr 2017 Nut/SW:Jun 13th/17 Psych:Jun 29th/17 PreOp Class 2: July 11th/17 Meet the Surgeon:July 12th/17 Endoscopy: July 21st/17 RNY Surgery: August 25th/17

Opti-15lbs M1-18.5lbs M2-12.5lbs M3-10lbs M4-10lbs M5-4lbs M6-15lbs, M7-5lbs M8-

Most Active