Had my Pulmonary Drs. appointment today!

MTS31801
on 1/26/18 6:44 pm

Went to my Pulmonary appointment today. My doctor was very pleased with my progress. She said that by my having the bariatric surgery that it could cure me of sleep apnea. I told her that I use my Bi Pap machine every night and that I can't sleep without it. She was thrilled with my progress and I only have to see her once a year! Yay!

Now I'm just waiting for my nutritionist appt. next month and then I will get my surgery date! Woo Hoo!

Lyds85
on 1/27/18 6:52 am
RNY on 02/20/18

Thats awesome! Are you gettting gastric bypass?

Im pre op also, Im getting an endoscopy and a physical this week and then they are supposed to give me my surgery date asap!

Hoping everything goes smoothly for you, maybe we will have the same date!

Librarian67
on 1/27/18 7:01 am
RNY on 02/28/17

About 7 months out from surgery I didn't need my cpap any more. It's great!

Janet P.
on 1/29/18 8:21 am

You don't say what type of surgery you are having. I had life threatening sleep apnea which was diagnosed about 2 years before I decided to have surgery. I had to have a pacemaker put in because I was flatline for 8 seconds during my first sleep study. I actually became a case study for my pulmonologist because he was trying to prove that you could eliminate sleep apnea simply by losing weight, which I did!

After my DS I was able to get rid of my CPAP probably 7-8 months after surgery. I started to notice a change almost immediately and then gradually lowered the pressure until I simply didn't need it anymore. The cardiologist removed the pacemaker about a year later.

I don't snore anymore :)

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

MTS31801
on 1/29/18 10:21 am

Wow! You flat lined! I had my study done three years ago! I stopped breathing seventy times an hour. I have a Bi Pap and get 2 liters of Oxygen administered a night. I want to get the gastric by pass done! I also have high blood pressure and Diabetes. I have an appointment with my surgeons Nutritionist in Feb. and then I will get my date. I am happy, anxious, concerned, excited, and calm all at the same time!

Most Active