New Recipe Ideas

Theduffman27
on 5/2/18 4:38 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Thank you arty! I love stuffed Peppers and have not had them in years as I am the only one in my family that eats peppers....I am trying all of the recipes. Thanks!! Mike

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

denaraye
on 5/9/18 4:09 am - MI

What a great idea! I don't like bell peppers - but I love zucchini and have wanted to try something like this.

I am no longer defined, by the wreckage behind!

Partlypollyanna
on 5/1/18 5:51 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I have made this with pork roast and with chicken breasts and it's really good.

Take McCormick's Sweet and Spicy (which is not very spicy) seasoning and coat the tenderloin or chicken breasts. Put in crock pot and cook on high for about 4-5 hours for the tenderloin; about 3 hours for the chicken breast (add 1/2 cup of chicken broth if using the chicken breast - no liquid if using the pork). Shred it when it's done and you have a pulled pork/pulled chicken dish so easy. Nice and moist too! The first time I made the tenderloin, I didn't trust that it would make it's own liquid but it did.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 5/2/18 9:29 am - Warren, OH

Caprese Salad, I take 8 ounces of fresh mozzarella and cut in eight pieces. Put in a Tupperware container with balsamic vinegar and some basil paste. For lunch i put two pieces of cheese in a bowl and add two sliced Campari tomatoes. Tomatoes taste better not put in the refrigerator. The basil paste tastes like fresh basil and is available all the time.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

(deactivated member)
on 5/6/18 4:15 am

Wow! Such amazing recipe ideas .... I'll post one more ( yes you have to discover your local oriental grocery store ... but then you can cook healthy fresh easy to make meals...)

CHICKEN SATAY

slice two large chicken breast meats against the grain ( to make them softer) don't Worry if you don't know what I mean- cut thin slices instinctively :) . Wash chicken breast in vinegar - water to clean then marinate with Satay sauce in refrigerator 4-36 hours . Thread on bamboo skewers if possible or simply ( lightly ! ) barbecue on a hot grill ... gosh amazing hi protein deliciousness !

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/8/18 10:11 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Duffman, I love this recipe and it is super easy. I triple the diced tomatoes (3 cans vs 1), add dried basil and add roasted peppers (3 of varying colors because I like them). I pre-cook the peppers in the micro until soft, then broil until roasted prior to putting into the casserole: https://kalynskitchen.com/low-carb-deconstructed-pizza-casse role/

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active