Life After Lane Bryant's

diane S.
on 8/15/18 11:41 am

Love this. I have posted before that I once went in to Lane Bryant weighing 120 lbs after wls (looking for a baggy flannel nightgown). I was totally snubbed by the sales staff as though I was invisible! And at Nordroms (where I used to get snubbed) they were all over me!!!! ds

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Janet P.
on 8/15/18 11:56 am

My favorite store post-op has become J.Jill. There clothes are incredibly comfortable and lots of mix and match.

My biggest surprise post-op is that clothes last forever. Because my size doesn't really change, I simply buy new clothes because I get bored with the old clothes.

Also, every spring and fall when I take out/put away my seasonal clothes, I'm still amazed when everything still fits :)

I remember going to Victoria Secret as soon as I could. Shopped there for several years - now bras and such come from Rigby & Peller (formerly Intimacy).

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

reree6898
on 8/15/18 3:04 pm - TN
VSG on 09/28/15

I didn't really have a particular store in mind however I just wanted to be able to find things that fit. I love that now I can find things anywhere I go and not have to go to Avenue or Layne Bryant any longer. It was a great day when I got to close my Avenue credit card account and told them I no longer could shop there because their smallest size was several sizes too big for me now. Shopping at Ross and even some things at Walmart is an amazing thing! :)

Had VSG on 9/28/15

Lost 161 lbs since surgery, LOST 221 lbs overall so far!!

MarinaGirl
on 8/15/18 4:44 pm

I love shopping at J Crew and Banana Republic. I find it easy to find clothes that fit me there. And I love the sales!

(deactivated member)
on 8/15/18 5:41 pm

Anthropologie has great sales sometimes on beautiful clothing. Have you checked them out? Or maybe not your style(jcrew more preppy I think?). I am all over the spectrum with stores, if I look enough I can find things I like everywhere... was not the case when overweight! Macys was my favorite and main store before WLS. Was not much of a lane Bryant or avenue shopper.

Liz J.
on 8/16/18 12:16 pm
DS on 11/29/16

It sounds funny but I wanted to buy the cute jeans at Costco or the jackets that were such a great deal but always too small. I know have every color of JV Jeans Costco sells and I love the way they fit me. I also own three different Costco jackets as well. I can't believe how many clothes I have now! My husband walks by my closet and nickers.

Liz

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

Partlypollyanna
on 8/16/18 6:11 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

That must have been fantastic when you were able to do that!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Kathy S.
on 8/20/18 3:53 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Sometimes it's the small things that give us the biggest hug!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

artchikk
on 8/16/18 2:20 pm
RNY on 02/12/18

I am a clothes hoarder and have always been that way...and I really think that besides just being healthy and able to move normally, the biggest thing I look forward to is buying all the new clothes!!

I am a bargain shopper so I love going to outlet stores like Burlington and Marshalls/TJmaxx and Ross and rarely do they have much in plus sizes...I have always sighed walking by the clothes I could "never wear"...I am just now getting close to straight sizes (14/16) and can't stop buying clothes I know I won't be able to wear next year...but it's just SO FUN! I want to buy everything but my bank account is not forgiving LOL.

I went to Victoria's secret a last week to buy perfume (because Love Spell is my absolute favorite--and, which is the only thing I've ever been able to get there really) and realized that I could probably wear their underwear and bra's now!
I am definitely going there once I am at my goal...but for now I'll buy cheap ones from the department stores since they only seem to last about 2 months LOL.

I actually just discovered I had half a wardrobe in my basement already since I kept so many clothes from 12 years ago WISHING myself to be that size again...now that I am the weight I was back then, I went through them yesterday and many of them are now too BIG! and a lot of the ones that do fit, are completely out of style or made for a young 20-something which I am not anymore LOL.

Amber
RNY 2/12/18
5'4 1/2" tall, HW : 315 lbs, Surgery Wt: 297lbs.
M1: -17.5lbs M2: -11.5lbs M3: -12lbs M4: -13lbs M5: -13lbs M6: -13.5lbs M7: -12lbs M8: -14lbs M9: -10.5lbs M10: -7.75lbs M11: -5.25lbs M12: -4lbs M13: -3lbs M14: -7lbs M15: -2lbs M16: -1lb **made it to goal!**

CW 148

Kathy S.
on 8/20/18 3:55 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

There you go, the perfect gift no matter what size we wear, perfume

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active