Diet Pills, Testosterone Boosters Post-Op

SteveyTZ
on 8/29/18 1:03 pm

Has anyone taken diet pills and/or testosterone Boosters several years past-op? If so, any issues or things to watch for after rny? Do they have same effect after rny or are they weakened, etc...?

Kathy S.
on 8/29/18 2:09 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hello Stevey,

I wouldn't recommend any of those as we have learned through a lifetime of being overweight they just don't work and can do harm to you. May I suggest you go see your doctor and or back to your surgeon. If you have experienced weight gain after surgery there may be a medical reason. If not, and you just got off track the best thing you can do is get back to the basics. I have a great list for you if you are interested.

Good luck and let us know if you need anything else.

Regards,

Kathy

Member Services

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Jester
on 8/30/18 8:20 am
RNY on 03/21/16

I'm not sure why you are considering testosterone boosters, but I have to assume because you feel it's due to testosterone being low? If that's the case, I would go to a urologist and get your testosterone tested. If it's low they can provide you with testosterone replacement - generally either topical (Androgel) or injectable. Neither should be affected by your RNY given the routes of administration.

I would stay away from supplements for that. I'm not sure of the effectiveness, and if your levels are actually low there are prescriptions that will work.

chevtow41
on 8/31/18 9:05 am
DS on 11/11/14

Test boosters are crap. Diet pills aren't much better.

Most Active