Dr. Now from "My 600-lb Life" will deliver Keynote at #OH2023!

Member Services
on 7/7/23 11:09 am, edited 9/25/23 7:23 am - Irvine, CA

We're thrilled to announce the return of Dr. Younan Nowzaradan (aka Dr. Now from "My 600-lb Life") as Keynote Speaker & Fireside Chat guest for #OH2023! Get ready for an extraordinary session filled with invaluable insights only Dr. Now can bring! It is an honor to have him join us to help celebrate our 25th Anniversary; as part of the celebration, use promo code DRNOW25 for a $25 discount on your conference tickets. Click here for more details!

For more information about the 2023 ObesityHelp National Conference, including details on the agenda, speakers, and ticket availability, visit https://www.obesityhelp.com/events.

Kim Gyurina, OH Staff
on 7/7/23 11:26 am
DS on 09/27/23

Can't wait to see Dr. Now again! He has so much knowledge to share with everyone and we appreciate his advocacy for this entire community!!

Kim Gyurina, Event Manager

Batwingsman
on 9/26/23 6:13 pm, edited 9/26/23 11:16 am - Garland, TX

So how did the conference go? Was it well attended? I haven't heard a single word .. btw, looks like I missed it, as for some reason I was thinking it was going to be in October, not September (and just a few days before my b.d., no less - how could i forget that? ) ..

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

Member Services
on 10/2/23 12:10 pm, edited 10/2/23 5:17 am - Irvine, CA

Batwingman, I am sorry you missed the event. We had about 400 attendees who attended. Dr. Now did a keynote and a fireside chat, he also walked the runway in the Fashion Show. You can go here to see photos from OH2023 https://www.obesityhelp.com/events/photos/

Batwingsman
on 10/2/23 11:36 pm, edited 10/2/23 4:36 pm - Garland, TX

Thanks! Looks like "a good time was had by all". Curious to see though how underrepesented we guys were there this year .. It appears we made up like less than 10% of the attendees .. (?) Makes me wonder now about the gender breakdown of WLSers of late, and whether the stats are that far apart there as well .. Btw, wish the pics had some captions, so we could tell who the people were in them, what they were doing at the time of the pic, etc.

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

Member Services
on 10/7/23 10:41 am - Irvine, CA

Women have always been the majority when it comes to breakdowns by gender for WLS, in general (as far back as the early 2000's). However, we have had an increase in male attendees year over year at our National Conferences. We even had a Men's Roundtable Discussion this year that was well-attended.

Unfortunately, photos are not captioned with names due to the number of attendees we have each year, and the photos do have labels below each of the 4 sections.

Most Active