WEIGHT GAIN AND GRIEF

Patty R.
on 8/28/23 10:33 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

I am so sorry for your loss.

My weight loss journey started after the loss of my husband to cancer as well.

Like the others said, don't be hard on yourself. You are trying and this is a journey. Like life in general, there are many up's and downs.

I have been using the 'Intuitive Eating' lifestyle. I have found it works for me. My Bariatric Surgeon sent me to a Bariatric MD who uses this lifestyle exclusively. The weight loss is far from fast, but I am down 50 lbs of my 70 lb regain, over 3 years.

Be kind to yourself!

Lap-Band 2007 out 2013 RnY 2016 Age 64 5'6" HW 294 SW 284 LW 214 CW 235.2 goal 199

G. Dean Roye, MD FACS

Patty

GRANDMAr
on 8/28/23 1:56 pm
VSG on 10/21/16

Thank you!

I am also sorry for your loss!!

Would you please tell me about 'Intuitive Eating'?

Patty R.
on 8/29/23 8:47 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

https://www.intuitiveeating.org/10-principles-of-intuitive-e ating/

It's a lifestyle change, NO dieting, being kind to yourself, no restrictions, but learning to really get in touch with your body's satisfaction signals and feeling you've eaten enough.

I 1st attended a 12 week program right before the covid shutdown. I've attended 1 zoom refresher 12 week class, last fall.

I had to STOP logging everything I ate and limit my visits here. That was recomended for ME, personally, by my MD. Everyone is different; I do miss the comradery here, so I stop by now and again! This lifestyle 'clicked' with me, although I felt guilty about not following my RnY rules, but my surgeon sent me to this Bariatric MD, so...

Amazon has the books and workbook, that's where I got mine.

Lap-Band 2007 out 2013 RnY 2016 Age 64 5'6" HW 294 SW 284 LW 214 CW 235.2 goal 199

G. Dean Roye, MD FACS

Patty

Partlypollyanna
on 8/29/23 5:50 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

You can come by! There are people that don't post meals but just support and engage with QOTD and all chat. Definitely support you doing what you need to though, but don't feel like you have to adhere to a specific type of post, it's really not required!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

(deactivated member)
on 9/13/23 12:36 am

Hey there, I've read your incredible stories.
I just wanted to chime in and offer my support to GRANDMAr and Kathleen W. for their strength in facing weight regain after surgery, especially during such challenging times with the loss of loved ones. Your resilience is truly inspiring.
Stay strong, and remember that setbacks are a part of the journey. You've both shown incredible determination, and I believe you'll achieve your goals once again.
Sending positive vibes your way!

cpcampbell
on 12/31/23 6:33 am

Good morning,

Was perusing on the site and saw your post. I hope that you are doing well and I wanted to send positive thoughts especially during the holiday season. I lost my husband last November and I did the same exact thing as you. It was rough and I still have tough days but I'm doing better..and down within my weight range. Hope to hear back!

~ Carla
185.6/169/125

Most Active