This is how to make your Profile Pretty!!!

butter
on 7/4/06 8:36 am - Simpsonville, SC

Okay, I see a lot of people posting with wanting to spruce up their profiles, but have no idea how, so since I do, I am going to try and explain it the best I can.  It’s pretty simple believe it or not, If you know how to copy and paste your on your way. I will start with the backgrounds. 

First: I want you to go to your Account on Obesityhelp and look at the  General Info (Update your profile here) tab click it, this is the same place you go to add a new comment.  Now the same place you add a new comment is where you are going to put all your fun images, sayings and your new background. 

Second: my favorite place to find fun images ect is http://www.bigoo.ws/ they have a huge selection of backgrounds, images and even a place to write your on sayings(that will come later).  Now go to this website and click on the “background” tab.  There you will find background categories, scroll through and find your favorite.

Third:  Now that you have finally found your favorite background look under the background and you will see HTML source code  and a white box with funny writing in it

Example :  src="http://content19.bigoo.ws/content/loghi/logo1.gif" border="0"> Now highlight the stuff in the  box and right click with your mouse and click copy.

Fourth:  Go to your General Info on obesity help as if you was going to add a new comment and click inside the comment box(as if you were going to add a new comment), right click your mouse again and click Paste.  The funny code should be at the very beginning of your comment box.

Now: hit the (update my file) button at the bottom of the page, and view your profile.  It should have the fun new background!!!

Now: maybe you don’t like it go back to your General info, and delete the code. Hit (update my file) again and go find a new code.  And repeat the steps. 

Okay now lets get some new pretty profiles on this board!!!

---------------------------------------------------------

Now that you have figured out how to add your new background I’m sure your dying to add new images/sayings ect to your lovely new profile. It is pretty much the same except where you will place the code in your comment box. 

First: I want you to go to your Account on Obesityhelp and look at the General Info (Update your profile here) tab click it, this is the same place you go to add a new comment.  Now the same place you add a new comment is where you are going to put all your fun images, sayings and your new background. 

Second: my favorite place to find fun images ect is http://www.bigoo.ws/ they have a huge selection of backgrounds, images and even a place to write your on sayings(that will come later).  Now go to this website and browse around for a image you want to put on your profile.

Third:  Now that you have finally found a fun image you like ex: a Welcome to My Profile” saying look under the image and you will see HTML source code  and a white box with funny writing in it  Example:   blog Layouts

blog Layouts

Now highlight the entire box and right click with your mouse and click copy.

Fourth:  Go to your General Info on obesity help as if you was going to add a new comment and scroll though your info (all the entries you have wrote) and decide where you want the image to go.

Example: If you found a “Welcome to my Profile Image” you will want to place it under the code of your background code.  Not directly under it though, just in case you may want to delete the background code later you will want to be able to distinguish between the two to code so put it a few spaces under it.

Example: If you found a image you want to separate all of your entries like I have on my profile, you will paste the code in under each entry, again don’t put in directly under your entry or it will look funny put it a few spaces under the entries.

Now, most of you want to have all these images Centered on your page so, this is how you do that:  if i type the code out it will disappear and make this sentence centered so I will have to explain it to you    what you do i**** the shift key and press < button then type align=center then hit shift again and press the > button    put this in front of your codes for what you want centered    Now: hit save, and view your profile.  It should have the fun new image!!!

Now: maybe you don’t like it go back to your General info, and delete the code. Hit save and go find a new code.  And repeat the steps.  

So, You got your profile looking cute and you are so proud but, sometings missing? Ahh Music. Guess What? it's just as easy as everything else!!  http://www.videocodezone.com/videos/ you can search by artist or song name and find the song you want to play on your profile you copy and paste the code the same way you do the other images.  It has the little white box with the funky code in it: it will say add this to myspace, use that code they work on our profiles.  Please, make sure you back up your profiles, before you put anything on your profile go to the same place where you add your new comments/new backgrounds ect and go to the bottom of the page.   you will see this: **** Check this box if you would like to have a copy of your profile emailed to you. We suggest that you back up your profile periodically. As with any system, we can have data corruption or data loss, and we would ask you to help us by backing up your profile. We will not be responsible for lost or deleted profiles. **** Yes, email me a backup!   Make sure you do this before adding any new images ect. some people's stuff gets deleted sometimes!!!!

New information: Here is the best website I have found to create your own words!!

http://www.glittergraphics.us/
you will see were to pick a style, look at the different styles and pick a number  next, type in your word in the box provided and click submit

You will see that you have the option of picking two boxes, if you want your word to scroll across the screen pick the second box to copy.  Make sure you copy the entire code, you may have to scroll up in the box a little bit to get the beginning of the code.

Now, copy the same way you have been doing and go put it in your comment box, wherever you want it to show up. 

kevphill
on 7/4/06 5:44 am - MI
Cool beans! How does one add a song to it like an MP3 file? kp
butter
on 7/4/06 6:06 am - Simpsonville, SC
not sure about the MP3 File but if you go to  http://www.videocodezone.com/videos/ you can search by artist or song name and find the song you want to play on your profile you copy and paste it the same way you do the other images.  It has the little white box with the funky code in it: it will say add this to myspace, use that code they work on our profiles.  hugs, nora
Joanne K.
on 7/4/06 5:46 am - Tallahassee, FL
Thanks Nora, I have a question.  When I added my background all of my journalling is not visable.  I can highlight it and see it, but not otherwise.  Any suggestions? Thanks, Joanne

butter
on 7/4/06 5:58 am - Simpsonville, SC

Joanne, I have not a clue, the only reason I know how to do this much is because my dh showed me, I would ask him but he's out right now, I will talk to him about that and get back to you, he's got a degree in computer technology/networking and is just amazing when it comes to computers.   Yes, I'm married to the cutest computer nerd EVER!!   hugs, nora

Joanne K.
on 7/4/06 6:01 am - Tallahassee, FL
Thanks I appreciate the help!  I guess I am computer challenged right now!!!! Joanne

Cathy H.
on 7/4/06 6:41 am - Fort Mill, SC
Hi Joanne, I'm not a computer expert.  In fact I had no idea how to spruce up my profile until I read Nora's instructions.  That being said, when I added my background I could read my journal either.  I then went into my account.  At the bottom there is a category to change profile color.  I went into that and changed the color of my journaling and now I could read it.   I don't know if this will help you or not but I thought I'd add my 2 cents.
Cathy
Lap RNY 5/30/06

Joanne K.
on 7/4/06 10:28 pm - Tallahassee, FL
Thanks Cathy.  I will go and try it. Joanne

butter
on 7/4/06 7:37 am - Simpsonville, SC
I just talked to my dh and he says the background is the same color as the font, change the font color. 
Kat C
on 7/4/06 10:40 am - Tuscaloosa, AL
Joanne, I can tell you why this is probably happening, but I can't tell you exactly how to fix it. The reason it's probably happening is that your background image color makes your text color invisible, or hard to see. To fix this, you just need to change your text color. How to do that - try this: Go to "My Account" on obesityhelp.com - click it from the top blue bar. Look down at the bottom of the first column - and click "Profile Color and Photos". In the top section you will see "text color" and "background color" with pulldown menus. Leave the background color alone because the new image you chose overrides that. However change "text color" to a color that will CONTRAST with your new background image. Hope that helps! Kathy
Most Active