My Surgery was uneventful

talula216
on 1/19/12 10:10 pm - RI
RNY on 01/16/12

I arrived at the hospital at 6am.  While waiting to be checked in,  There were 2 women waiting as well.  They were so funny.  One is like I just am dropping off the body.  I am going to pick it up later.   While we were waiting in the surgical waiting room we found out,  We live in the same town.    I went inot the pre-op area got on my gown around 8am they came to get me.  I barely remeber going inot the operating room.  Next thinkg I knew I was waking up and it was over.  I was told I did great.  They came to ask me if I was ready to walk.  I ask for a few minutes to get my baring.  I got up and walked.  After my Dh was able to come and stay with me till I got a room.  They send us to the surigcal ICU for the remainder of my stay.  Which was uneventfull. 

The next day did the barium swallow passed and was able to start the protein drink.  The only thing I could not get comfortable in the bed or chair.  I was so happy to go home On wednesday.  I have slept so good on wenesday.  That first shower was amazing,

I only had one issue.  I am not a big fan of my daughter's boyfriend,  We have since told him no more junk food in our house.  He wears so much cologne I asked him to no longer wear cologne when he came over it will bother me.  So he brings my daughter to the hospital and leaves.  So I thought how nice of him to do that.  The next day he decides to come see me.  .  He shows up in my room eating a hershey chocolate bar.
My daughter told him to put it away or my dad will tell you to leave.  He said he didnt care.  I just said that is a heck of a thing to do.  You know I can no longer eat that.  Is that nice of you to do.  I know he did it on purpose He had a grin on his face.  Of couse he was wearing a ton of cologne.  So my dh told him to leave.  My daughter is only 21 I hope she opens her eyes some day soon.  But that being said everyone else has been so great to me. 

My cousin will be coming over next saturday to do my hair.  I need a color so badly  the greys are screaming. 

Talula
Starting weight 369

acbbrown
on 1/20/12 12:31 am - Granada Hills, CA
I'm glad you are doing well!!

Your daughter's BF is a douchebag!!!! I'm glad your DH made him leave - you don't need that right now.

Congrats and welcome to the losers bench!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

bdocker
on 1/20/12 5:04 am
So happy everything went smoothly! Sorry to hear about your daughter's boyfriend. We all get wiser with age and your daughter will too. I agree with the Way to GO for your DH. That's wonderful that he supported you like that.

Excited for you that you're on the road to success! Can't wait to hear updates of your progress.

Brenda~
InkdSpEdTchr
on 1/20/12 6:32 am
Sounds like your daughters BF is not a king among men, but you're going to be faced with temptations everyday, so just take it as a good chance to say "Ick, I don't need that crap anymore" and ignore it.

Glad that things went well for you, I hope your recovery is even smoother!

:Danni

:Danni  >>>AIDS/LifeCycle 10 & 11 Finisher: 545miles on the bike in 7 days <<<
HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

WoolyBully
on 1/20/12 8:54 am - MI

Glad you are home. Dorothy said it best, "there's no place like home"

DH needs to keep A-hole BF away until you are fully recovered. You don't need additional stress right now.

But, Danni is right. There will come a time when you need to face the temptations. The good news is that there will be a time soon when your body and mind have adjusted, and the temptations will be easier  to deal with. It will take a little time, remember, you had stomach surgery. not brain surgery. The head adjustment takes a little time.

Good luck, stay strong, and WALK

Gary

J J the Jet Plane
on 1/20/12 12:30 pm
Glad it went well-- sip sip sip!
dori M.
on 1/20/12 10:10 pm - MD
An uneventful surgery is a good thing. I'm glad things went well. No comment on daughters boyfriend lol. Welcome to the losers bench, hope to see on the Monday morning weigh in.
YankeeRose
on 1/21/12 12:06 am - Meadville, PA
Welcome to the losers side! So glad things went well for you. I agree with the others about your daughters bf. I wouldn't put up with it. It's not so much about having to get used to temptation, but the disrespect. It's your house and you deserve to have the peace you need to heal. If he continues to act that way, I would sit down with your daughter and tell her he is no longer welcome in your home because he is rude and disrespectful. You don't need that BS while you're trying to recover. She should understand that. He sounds like a real winner...  Here's to a speedy recovery. It's gonna be a wild ride.

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

Most Active