HEY where is everyone?

cyndi_jk
on 2/2/13 11:12 am - hi hat , KY
VSG on 11/30/12

Am i the only 50 BMI on here there are hardly any post on this forum . I really have not got a lot incomon with the ppl on the VSG site most of them are at my goal weight when they had surgery . come on guys post a little :)

KittyKarin
on 2/2/13 12:00 pm - FL
VSG on 01/09/13
Hi Cyndi!

I think a lot of people check in here but the posts aren't that frequent. I like the VSG board a lot but its true that some of them can't relate to the over 50 crowd.

Glad to hear from u!

KittyKarin :-) Starting weight: 362 / Surgery weight: 353 / Current weight: 190 (03/27/2017)

Phatchick
on 2/2/13 10:06 pm, edited 2/2/13 10:06 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Kitty,

You are losing like a champ! Keep it up!!!!!!!!!

Sharon

KittyKarin
on 2/3/13 8:28 pm - FL
VSG on 01/09/13
Aw thanks Sharon!! I hit that dreaded 3 week stall but its starting to go down now. I'm gonna be an exercise queen like u soon!

KittyKarin :-) Starting weight: 362 / Surgery weight: 353 / Current weight: 190 (03/27/2017)

shygirlxoxo
on 2/2/13 12:17 pm - savannah, GA
RNY on 12/04/12

We are all here...just lurking I guess :-)

-Anna  HW: 401 | SW: 377 (12/04/12) Blog: http://notfattabulous.blogspot.com

Phatchick
on 2/2/13 10:04 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Shy,

You are doing amazing....75 lbs is fricking great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharon

mickeymantle
on 2/2/13 2:36 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

hi im around a few times a day but I am pre op

waiting for the 6 dietion visits (3 more to go)

but losing steady using mfp to track what im eating

I would love to weigh what so people start with on the other forums seen 1 person under 200 lbs to start with,drool.

I need to lose more than that

love the people that need to gain weight so they can have wls

If you think this forum is slow you should see the Oregon state forum , maybe 1 post a month

post and we shall answer

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Phatchick
on 2/2/13 10:03 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Mickey,

Losing 35 lbs pre-op is amazing. I couldn't do it. I lost 9 lbs in the 6 months prior to the surgery. My all time highest was 365. Today I am 117 lbs lighter, thanks to the VSG and OH. I could not have done it without this forum. . 

You are going to do great with the WLS.  When is your surgery? Has it been scheduled? This time last year I was waiting for a date. Good luck, Sharon

KittyKarin
on 2/3/13 8:34 pm - FL
VSG on 01/09/13
Sharon,

That's so funny because we are very similar. I lost 9 pounds before surgery and my highest weight was 362. Very similar!

And Mickey, you are awesome! The preop diet was so hard for me and I didn't do that great. Thank goodness my doc didnt require me to lose weight before surgery or I may still be waiting! I'm gonna try and add u to MFP. Keep up the great work!

Phatchick
on 2/2/13 9:56 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hi All,

I check this forum a few times a day and always look for action. I've noticed there is less posting on the weekends. 

When I began this journey,  I spent a lot of time on the VSG board. I learned so much from the vets. I started posting on this board after the surgery though, because I had more in common with the folks here. 

Right now, after losing over 100 lbs I am the size most VSG'ers are prior to surgery. I am so happy with my weight and size and it was hard to hear people talk about how ugly they felt at the size I am now. Perception is a funny thing! I'm not hating. Just sayin'.

For the newbies;

My name is Sharon. I live in the Chicago burbs.  I began this journey at 356 lbs.  I have lost 108 lbs and would like to lose another 63 lbs. That will put me at about 185 lbs. I will reassess then. Who knows where I will end up weight wise. I know I will not stop until I reach at least that initial goal. I'd like to hit my goal at my surgiversary on 04/16. If I do...great. if not, I will just set another goal date and keep going. That is the beauty of this. Everyday is another chance to the best we can be. 

I am very into the physical fitness part of this whole metamorphosis. I have become an athlete. I still cannot believe I have muscles.  I am strong. I could not have said that this time last year. But, I need to be better at getting my water in. I also need to eat more protein. I have been averaging about 60 gms a day and should be at 100 gms. I know this about myself and am working on getting my head where it needs to be.

I have signed up for a biggest loser challenge at my gym. it lasts 40 days. I weigh in tomorrow. I could care less if I win. I just want to be in it for the motivation. I disclosed I am a WLS patient and they didnt seem to care. They see me everyday there and asked me to do it. I am ready. I went out Friday and got all my healthy snack and shakes. I have my water. I am ready. 

Does anyone have a tip for success that has worked for them? Mine is plan, plan plan. Have all your food and water ready to grab. 

Have a great day everybody!

Sharon

Most Active