reverse gastric bypass

cjkoepp
on 5/7/11 11:59 am - NC

Hello, i too am wanting to have a reversal. Can you tell me how you are feeling now? Do you feel like you did before the surgery? Are you able to eat and it tastes good? i  would love to hear your experience.

(deactivated member)
on 5/7/11 1:34 pm, edited 5/7/11 1:34 pm - Canada
Now I am three years post op from the reversal and I feel great. Things will never be the same as they were before the bypass. Things have been put back to be close, but I still have restriction of the pouch, and still have the occasional dumping syndrome. I have mild malapsorption issues, nothing major, mainly needing B12.

Can I eat? Yes of course I can, however the recovery from the reversal was just as long and hard as the bypass recovery and it took a long time to introduce soft foods, let alone anything solid. I was not eating solid foods for approx 6 months. Today I can eat yes, but I am limited with how much, which is a good thing - the tool still works ! As far as food tasting good.... well, I was very sick for a long time after both my surgeries. Truthfully nothing tasted good for a long time. My whole body felt out of whack for a long time. At times, certain smells of food make me sick still. Nausea was a way of life for the first year maybe longer after the surgery. It really has not been until this year, that the nausea has stopped. I take Pariet daily.

MissKiess
on 5/8/12 3:37 am - Benton, KY
 Could you tell me, do you still have issues with vomitting or with eating.Also, do you "Feel" broken like you feel aftr gastric bypass? I have no interest in eating, I have alot of gas and stomach pain as well as exhaustion/malnutrition etc. Have a Gastric Tube in right now, I also was on a tpn pik line for 3 weeks.
Sandy21
on 12/13/12 11:34 am
Hi Kim I am thinking of having my surgery reversed, how are you doing? And how was the surgery? I had so many complications so if you could please email me at [email protected] to exchangesome info with me I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you and I hope all is well.
-Sandra
jbird1972
on 7/25/09 2:05 pm - Cary, IL
Hi,
You can check out my page/blog...probably too much info, but it covers my journey so far and then some.  I have had my surgery reversed, didn't want to, but in my case I think I may have died if I didn't.  Feel free to contact me with any questions
Jules

Jules RNY 10/30/2007

warmmorningsun1
on 7/27/09 3:01 am - Baton Rouge, LA
Jules, I don't currently have complications, but I read your story and just wanted to say how sorry I am that you've had to suffer through so much; I do hope the determine what is going on soon for you.  Best of wishes...Aimee

Banded 06/07/06 Start 305; Lost to 235; Gained to 249, so.....
Sleeved 11/24/08!  Started at 249/Current 227.8/Goal 160
jbird1972
on 8/20/09 1:18 am - Cary, IL
Aimee,
Thank you for your good thoughts.  I'm still waiting, researching, and hoping.  My RNY was reversed, and I have a weird anatomy now.  The surgeon that did it was trying to put it back together in a way that would still give me restriction when eating, so my two halves form an hourglass shape, but they are together.  There is one surgeon that is of the opinion that if it were up to him, he would do an open abdominal surgery and put me back together the way God made me...how he would go about that, I have no idea...some days I don't think he is all that crazy??!

Jules RNY 10/30/2007

Kim Braman
on 8/22/09 12:48 am
Been watching your difficult journey, how are you doing now?
jbird1972
on 8/22/09 1:17 am - Cary, IL
Kim,
It's still tough, and I hate to say that because I don't want to scare away anyone *****ally feels like they need a reversal, I feel like my reversal saved my life, literally, it just hasn't helped us get to the true bottom of what the problem was.  Other than my high cholesterol, sleep apnea, and GERD, I didn't have any serious GI issues before this surgery, so my natural inclination is to think that something about this surgery has my body in a complete turmoil!  I feel very strongly that there is something way wrong inside that everyone keeps missing.  My eating has gotten worse lately, since my last two hospital stays, I do eat, mentally I want to eat- I do!  I just have some sort of pain/nausea/vomiting every time I eat, and that constant abdominal pain is there in the same spot that it has always been.  I wish you luck, and I hope your reversal helps your problems and makes eating better again!  Please keep me posted!!  I'm going to add you as a friend :)

Jules RNY 10/30/2007

sisternneed
on 8/26/09 2:27 am
PLEASE PLEASE...I NEED ANY ONE HELP FOR MY SISTER...SHE WANTS TO REVERSE HER GASTRO BYPASS SHE GOT 2 MONTHS AGO..SHE BEEN VERY VERY SICK...SHE HAS BEEN IN AND OUT OF THE HOSPITAL...NO THEY WANT TO SICK HER IN A MENTAL HOSPITAL FOR ALL THE CRYING SHE BEEN DOING...NO ONE WANT'S TO HELP HER..IF ANY ONE HAS INFORMATIO THAT CAN HELP US THAT WOULD BE GREAT...THANK YOU :)

DEBBIE A SISTER IN NEED...GOD BLESS
Most Active