Anyone have a PEG tube for venting/decompression? This is not going well so far

jbird1972
on 11/22/11 10:48 am - Cary, IL
It took me a few days after surgery to start eating solid food again, and as soon as I did all the food I am eating goes from my stomach and then into this tube.  I wasn't sure if it was food at first, but some colorful M&M's that I had eaten to raise my blood sugar (I was at our daughter's concert and desperate) told the tale...colorful little bits started coming down the tube about 30 mins after eating them, and it's that way with everything I eat.  I mentioned it to Dr. Guske when I saw him for my labs yesterday and he said that there should not be food coming out and into the tube unless there is a blockage further down in the stomach or small intestine
Anyone else with a PEG have this problem, and what was the cause? I don't know how much longer I can deal with this pain, it has not let up at all.  I did speak with Dr. Kroh's RN today at Cleveland Clinic, she had texted him and for the next couple days they want me to keep and eye on it and the pain, they don't want to rush into anything drastic.  I think they are hoping that the food coming out is due to severe swelling of the stomach.  I would welcome any feedback from anyone who has had a similar issue...Thanks
Jules

Jules RNY 10/30/2007

A H.
on 12/26/11 3:05 pm
Revision on 02/09/12
Hi Jules,
I was just checking out this forum and thought it was odd no one responded to you. I am sorry for what you have been going through, has it gotten better and have you found some resolution to the pain and stomach emptying issues? Concerned for you, hope you are ok and had a good holiday.

Amanda
Most Active