hand spasms

jackie07840
on 12/26/11 3:51 am - blakeslee, PA
Hi, I'm almost 8 yrs out from r n y and recently have been experiencing severe hand spasms after I eat. I was wondering if this was related to the surgery? Anyone have any ideas? Possibly a form of dumping???
Thanks,
Jackie
severman
on 1/2/12 12:40 pm - Indianapolis, IN
Have you had labs drawn recently?  Could be deficient in vitamins.  Just a thought.

Stephanie E
jackie07840
on 1/2/12 7:09 pm - blakeslee, PA
Yes I have, thanks for asking. Everything is normal, including my calcium levels, which I thought low levels were contributing to the hand spasms. Dr. has no answers for me. Just one of those quirky things our bodies do sometimes!
severman
on 1/4/12 9:47 am - Indianapolis, IN
Calcium was going to be my guess too. Hope they don't last long!

Stephanie E
Carol S.
on 2/29/12 10:29 pm - Milwaukee, WI
 Pinched nerve somewhere?  It could be totally unrelated to your eating.

I hope you can get in to see someone.
Carol

SW/276 CW 150 GW 185

9 Years out.

Julissita
on 3/14/12 8:43 am - houston, TX
 I get this if I eat too much sugar. SOmetimes in my feet, hands, jaw. It is weird, painful and drinking tons of water and eliminiating sugar helps tons!!

rbb825
on 4/3/12 9:21 pm - Suffern, NY
did you ever figure this out?  I was getting terrible spasms in my feet to the point of contractures.  when I got my bloodwork back and my calcium was 8.8 - when I increased my calcium, the spasms went away.  It seems every time I get terrible spams in my feet and legs it is from low calcium.

you levels might be in the normal range but it could in the low end of the range and you could not be taking enough/  The range is 8.6 to 10.0 and I was 8.8 we want to be around 9.2 to 9.4 but never below 9.0 so that is why I was cramping so bad.  I got some magnesium to go with it since that helps with muscle spasms - my kidney doctor told me to take it

Most Active