Recurrent ulcer?

stcotton
on 12/26/11 1:10 pm
 Good evening everyone, 
I am four years out from my lap bypass which was done july of '07.  My recovery was great until 2 weeks after surgery i had developed a perforated ulcter at the point of contact where the pouch and esophagus meets up.  I had it surgically repaired which was the beginning of my issues.  Since that surgery I have constant heartburn, nausea and vomiting.  Yes i am on meds for all three and have been for the last 4 years.  With the exeption of jumping from GERD med to GERD med to rotate thought them for better coverage.  
i have had one ulcer in '09 when i was pregnant with my daughter which resolved...But in the last three weeks I have constant nausea and pain.  The pain intensifies after trying to eat so I am only consuming a few bites at dinner time, because if I eat throughout the day I am in so much pain and the medication(ativan) which they have put me on before I eat knocks me on my ass and I sleep for the next few hours, which means I am not productive for the rest of the day.  
I have been in to visit my weightloss clinic(you can't get into to see the surgeon unless it is pre or immediate post op visits) as I am way too far out of surgery to qualify to see him.  
i am frustrted beaue this has been going on too long and the pain about throws me over the edge.  I am at a complete loss as to where to go from here?  
I would love any and all suggestions anyone would have.
Thank you for taking the time to read my story.

Carol S.
on 12/29/11 9:06 pm - Milwaukee, WI
 Sounds like you might need a gastro doc with experience with WLS.  Find out what your insurance requires (do you need a referral?) and take care of it.

Ativan is an anxiety med and if you have a low tolerance it will knock you on your tush.  You can cut those pills down you know.  The husband quarters the .25 ones he gets for injections in his back and they work just fine.  I would see if cutting those suckers down helps.  
Carol

SW/276 CW 150 GW 185

9 Years out.

stcotton
on 2/6/12 8:52 am
 Thank you for taking the time to post for me.  I need all the help I can get.  When I went into my GI surgeon clinic the pain has intensified to the point of only eating full liquids at night 30 minutes before I take my ativan.  I know I need to get more protein in and the only way I had be getting it in was through carnation breakfasts, but the dietician stated that needed to stop because I have gain too much wait and I was taking in too much milk.  So That is out now.  
I am getting in all my water throughout the day (room temp as cold temperture things make the pain worse)  I don't drink coffee or tea.  
My Hgb has dropped from 10.6 from dec '11 to 9.4 today.  my bariatric clinic doesn't seem concerned so I went to my FP and she referred me off to a Gastroentrologist to find the source of the bleed.  
I am at a loss of where to find a GI doc in the area.  I just need to get back to life as I am getting so frustrated.  

Please and thank you....I appreciate any and all help.

Most Active