need encouragement

dirtywombat
on 1/23/12 8:14 am
I had my "sleeve " surgery 7 weeks ago. I had a bleed and several blood transfusions. Came home but have been completely exhausted. been back to see the surgeons 4 times .  ended up in emergency , who said I had a combination of problems, the trauma of the surgery, the bleed and , now low calories . Told me to go back to the surgeon, Was found to have an iron count of "8" and have been on ferrous sulphate for 12 days. Went  back to hospital last week. Had lots of blood testd done and was asked to have an upper gi endoscopy ( to be done in theatre using propofol as an aneasthetic). Had it done and they took biopsies. Dietitian said I had to somehow get my calories up to 1200. I feel completely wiped out with it all. I sooo wish I hadnt had it done. I cant eat red meat , can only have a few teaspoons at any given meal and feel completely despondent as to how Im going to live my life like this. I'm dizzy all the time ( I even lay on the floor today as I knew that if i did that before fainting , at least I couldnt hurt myself falling ! ) Can anyone whose had complications and gone through the "hating the sleeve" process offer me any words of wisdom or encouragement . please ? will I get used to just eating 5 teaspoons full ? I feel so low....
Talmani
on 1/25/12 3:58 am - Phoenixville, PA
Are you trying to eat? Or are you drinking protein shakes? There are a ton of shakes made for bodybuilders that have a lot of calories in them as well as protein. They might be good if you need to get you calories up.
Highest weight 265/ Surgery weight 256/ Goal weight 160   
PinkLyfe
on 1/31/12 7:26 am
 Wow. I'm so sorry that you are going thru this. Do your Drs say once your body recovers and becomes in sink Again you will be able to feel more Normail As to energy etc? You are only 7 weeks out...and had a major complication. I think your recovery will take longer longer then most. I hope you feel better soon. Good luck! 
jbird1972
on 4/19/12 3:15 pm - Cary, IL
 I sure hope you are feeling better at this point, and I wish you better health after such a rocky start

Jules RNY 10/30/2007

Most Active