Pre RNY, Post RNY, Post RNY takedown

reversedgrace08
on 1/28/12 6:11 pm
if after reading this you have ANY questions or just want support, PLEASE do not hesitate to pm me. No one should suffer alone.
Before WLS Before my wls I was active. I ran a full licensed home childcare AND worked a full time job at night. I worked out regularly. I was a mother to a preschooler and a junior high student. I went Jeepin and hiking (even hiked up the back of Half Dome in Yosemite) with my two German Shepherds, two dogs that for the most part I trained from little 8 week old puppies.  I bungee jumped and hang glided. When I didn’t work two jobs I went to college full time, worked as a phlebotomist full time, was an active Girl Scout leader for a troop of 12 and a co leader for another troop. My girls were on the Food Network and appeared on the local news twice. Before my wls I read all different kinds of books. I LOVED reading. Before my wls I took two prescription drugs regularly and I thought that was a lot. Before my wls whenever I had the chance I loved to snorkel, kayak and white water rafting. I scrapbooked and crocheted. I loved playing games on my computer and even built a computer of my own. After WLS I was tired all the time. I was dizzy ALL THE TIME. Just cooking a quick dinner for my children was painful and wore me out for the rest of the day.  I vomited at the very least daily. Despite a myriad of tests saying I was fine I was far from it. I had peripheral neuropathy  (thought it was carpal tunnel and even had surgery for it) that made being on the computer, scrap booking, crocheting and anything else having to do with my hands painful. I developed Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. My feet were always ice cold. I had a mental fog that was so bad sometimes my own family couldn’t understand what I was saying and I couldn’t remember a thing. I had painful feet, mainly my sole, that no medication could help. I had the beginnings of epilepsy and reactive hypoglycemia. I had joint pain that I NEVER had post wls. I couldn’t read because I couldn’t understand what I was reading and when after reading the same page 3 or 4 times I understood it but couldn’t remember what I read the next day. After my Takedown I stopped getting worse. I got more energy.  My dizziness went away. The symptoms of hypoglycemia were gone. My knee pain got significantly better. The pain in my feet disappeared completely. My feet are still ice cold and even in the midst of summer I have to wear socks and winter slippers inside or socks and shoes outside. I miss my Berkenstocks. I stopped vomiting. My PN in my hands got better but still keeps me from working, scrapbooking , crocheting  or even posting here as much as I would like. I am now able to read but I do have to create a cheat sheet to remind myself who the characters are and how they relate to the storyline. I still cannot read at the academic level I used to read. I still have persistent memory problems, which often frustrates both my family and myself. I am no longer on two prescription medications but about 8 or 9 because of the lingering effects and pain from 3.5 years of suffering with my RNY. I can walk, however it takes me an hour and 15 minutes to walk a simple mile. I dream of getting back on that elliptical machine againJ. I dream of kayaking again and maybe one day getting my divers license. Now that I have my takedown I can, at the very least, hope and dream of getting even better, getting off these God forsake pain pills. And maybe, one day, even hike up to Pikes Peak, a mountain I see daily here in Colorado.  Grace
rbb825
on 1/31/12 3:20 pm - Suffern, NY

can I ask yu a question?  I to had many complication but your complication that you talk about sound like severe vitamin deficiencies that people get when they dont' take there vitamins and get proper labs to check to see what you are missing.

Many of your symptoms like iron deficiency, B12 and B1 deficiency, vitamin A deficiency and probably many other.  Just want to know the entire story.

People that dont get enough B1 or B12, get nerve damage and vitamin A can lead to vision loss.  Anemia causes lots of things which is due to iron, B12 and folate.

reversedgrace08
on 1/31/12 11:20 pm
YES I took my vItaMins religiously, even went as far as injecting myself weekly with b12. Not taking vitamins with this kind of surgery is madness.
I could not eat ANY fruits or veggies with this surgery either. I still remember the day post takedown when was finallyA able to eat an apple. Never thought I could get so excited about a piece of fruit. Now since I've had my takedown i'm back to eating all the wonderful fruits and veggies I used to eat and they don't make me nauseous or vomit.
Divine Lady
on 6/3/12 2:54 am - Suburb, MI
Thanks for posting.  People don't understand that you can do everything that you are supposed to do and still have problems with WLS that cannot be overcome.  Glad to see you are doing better. 
Divine Lady
"My 3 Rs for success: Remain focused on my goals, Remain committed, Remove Toxins from my life(toxic people, toxic situations, toxic foods)"
Most Active