10yrs post op and abdominal pinching

kisavirgo
on 2/17/12 9:04 pm
I had Roux n y surgery in 2002.  I have been experiencing an occasional pinching in my upper right quadrant, a little below my right rib, and extending just to the right of my surgery scar.  I was thinking maybe it was a hernia.  I have horrific pain if I stop taking my prevacid so that has been a constant since my hernia surgery/bleeding ulcer back in 2003. 

My other thought was maybe this is abdominal adhesions but I do not know if they would cause a pinching.  My bowel movements have been mostly normal, but I have been more constipated than usual.  Alot of pushing is sometimes necessary.  Other times I have a worm of a BM.  No matter what the color and texture seems to be the same no matter what I eat.  (sorry I know gross).

My question is if anyone has experienced this type of pinching?

Thanks for your help
Carol S.
on 3/5/12 12:45 pm - Milwaukee, WI
 Do you still have your gallbladder?
Carol

SW/276 CW 150 GW 185

9 Years out.

Julissita
on 3/14/12 8:29 am - houston, TX
 I had like a major cramp in my side, and if I vomitted it was horrible! I had a petersens hernia and last wednesday he went to repair it. WHilr in there he said I was FULL of adhensions and had to take much time to clear all that out, then he found a partial bowel obstruction due to this scar tissue. I ended up staying a day longer in the hospital and was in SHOCK! I really just thought it was a hernia and would wait to get it repaired on my time, but then it just became annoying. Go get it checked out. Dont worry and be proactive!

~Donna~ V.
on 5/10/12 3:19 am - Orlando, Fl
 Hi There,

I can only say to you PLEASE get it checked! I had open Roux-en-y in 1999. I have been having similar problems along with some other symptoms for months. Finally after many test and much agony they discovered that the mesh ring placed around my stoma at surgery had badly eroded and at this point had pushed its way into my intestine causing internal bleeding and all of my other problems. It was a truly life threatening situation due to the damage caused by the ring and the severity of erosion. After a 6 hr surgery by a Dr. I know saved my life I am finally home and seeking legal counsel at this point. Do not ignore any issues you may have. Get anything checked out that seems odd to you.

Best of luck,

D
Donna
Most Active