PISSED!!!!

AmberLee72
on 3/1/12 12:26 am
So I went for my ultrasound today and they found gallstones. She didnt see any sludge but definitly saw stones. I dont want to get it removed. I am going to Japan on May 10th and this surgery is really putting a damper on things. Not only can I not afford the surgery right now but also dont want to deal with pain of surgery, dealing with insicions, going on a 22 hour journey that includes 6 different planes so early after a surgery b/c of blood clots and to top it off...finding a way to take time of work to have this freaking surgery. I am super pissed off because I talked to my surgeon after I had RNY about going on Actigal. He said not everyone has problems and actigal can put alot of strain on your liver so he is against it. Well thanks a lot buddy. Now Im stuck dealing with this **** I would really rather keep my gallbladder. There's really no other option for me huh?

Sorry about my rant.
rbb825
on 3/4/12 3:41 pm - Suffern, NY
this really ticks me off, this is about the 10th post this weekend about someone with gallstones and none of you have taken actigall.  To me it is worth the risk on the liver to save an organ - almost everyone post op ends up within 6 months to a year having it out, so then if thye won't give the drug, then they need to just take it out at the time of the RNY. It isnt fair to the patients to need 2 surgeries when it can be avoided - this just really ticks me off.

the problem with you waiting is it is only going to get worse and the longer you wait it can become an emergency and if you are in Japan or on a plane when it happens, you are in troulbe.  the stones can shift and get lodged in the bile or pancreatic ducts and then it is an emergency  - they get stuck and can also cause pancreatitis.

Many years ago I had 1 stone, 3 months later I had 9 stones and by time I was in surgery 6 weeks later I had 25 stones.  All that sludge just turned into a ton of stones.  they said it was amazing I wasn't so much sicker and if I had waited any longer, my ducts would have been clogged.

So, May 10th is pretty far away and alot can happen.  Gallbladder surgery is simple - it is same day and if you can have it in a few weeks, you can be recovered by then.

StrawWalker
on 3/24/12 2:53 pm
You can opt to do a gallbladder flush instead?
Take care.
StrawWalker

Start 290, Current 180, Goal 150
saltedintheshell
on 4/7/12 7:30 am - baxter, MN
 I would be angry too especially if you specificaly asked for medication.  I don't know about where your from but when I had my RNY I had my procedure done openly instead of laproscopic and they took my gullbladder out at that time because of the high rate of removal post op.
 If all the world were blind I wonder how many people would still get this surgery?    
Most Active