severe complications with stomach pain post op. Anyone else?

lorie bolden
on 4/27/12 4:45 pm - marydel, MD
I had surgery in 2004 and a revision in 2006. Did anyone have severe eating problems and pain associated with eating and/or drinking??

Lorie
jbird1972
on 4/28/12 3:18 pm - Cary, IL
 Hi Lorie,
I'm very sorry that you are suffering :(
My story is a long one (you can read my blog), but the short answer is yes, I have had RNY and multiple surgeries after that and continue to have abdominal pain/nausea/trouble eating. I'll add you as a friend. I hope you find answers and relief...don't give up!

Jules RNY 10/30/2007

lorie bolden
on 12/12/12 12:37 pm - marydel, MD

found you! just 8 months later! Wrote you privately with phone number to text me. Really could use that friendship. Things went from bad to worse since last posting.

Patti Johnson
on 6/1/12 12:33 am - Mooers, NY
Hi Lorie,, my oyo is tomorrow. Since August last year I have had nothing but a constant stomachache/ pain. Dr says nothing is wrong but the pain, nausea, vomiting has become my everyday life. Dr says no stricture, ulcer, kink, so I guess this is my life now.
  Patti Surgery date June 2,2011
BW -242 SW-219 CW-204 Goal - 120            
reversedgrace08
on 1/28/13 1:15 am
It doesn't have to be your life. After 3.5 years of a myriad of issues associated with my rny I had my surgery reversed.
It saved my life and brought my health back to me.
Grace
Divine Lady
on 6/3/12 2:49 am - Suburb, MI
I have stomach pain due to severe gerd.  Not sure what to do at this point.  I don't want another WLS but I want my stoma tightened to prevent the acids from washing back up (see below).  I hope there is a minimally invasive solution to my problem.

My history, was 280 day of RNY (2005), never felt much restriction, lost only to 255 a year later, went on nutrisystem, lost to 229 by hard work of dieting and exercise, had to go on hormone therapy for other medical issue, started regaining, now up to 289 with no restriction. Recently had an EGD due to severe GERD and found out my stoma is wide open and so food just drops through. I am scheduled to see a bariatric dr. next month. I want to lose but I am more concerned about the GERD than anything else. The stomach acids just wash back up through my wide open stoma causing severe burning and pain making it difficult to function and especially hard to sleep. I have been in emergency twice because the chest pains can get so bad. Do any of the stoma surgeries (eg stomaphyx or ROSE) help with GERD even if there is no weight loss?
Divine Lady
"My 3 Rs for success: Remain focused on my goals, Remain committed, Remove Toxins from my life(toxic people, toxic situations, toxic foods)"
Most Active