still no answer.

Patti Johnson
on 7/26/12 7:14 am - Mooers, NY
Back from Saranac Lake and Dr. Hill's office. have to be on this feeding tube for at least 6 more weeks:( This really sucks! He still can't figure out what is going on and he's been to every advanced conference in the country and is actively still searching for an answer. I know he's not giving up and I know he's really trying to figure this out..... but it is still discouraging to have so much stomach pain and literally not able to get anything down let alone keep it down. I've ner had the dry heaves and vomiting so much in my whole life . I am living on baby food and tube feedings. Not sure what quailty of life this is, but I guess it is what it is.  Has anyone ever heard of a mesinteric hernia and if you have had one, could you share your symptoms? Thanks!
  Patti Surgery date June 2,2011
BW -242 SW-219 CW-204 Goal - 120            
jbird1972
on 8/2/12 6:15 am - Cary, IL
 Patti,
I hope that things are getting better and that you are getting some answers. I know how difficult this is and how complicated it can get so I just wanted to reach out and give you some support. 
Feel better and find answers soon! -Jules

Jules RNY 10/30/2007

jewellee9
on 11/1/12 11:54 pm - IN
Revision on 09/13/12

I had my first surgery in april 2012. The first month was fine. Then I started having heart burn like pain when I ate. A CT scan showed a lg stomach ulcer. Eating just continued to get harder for me so my surgeon set up an endoscopy.  They confirmed the stomach ulcer and also found that my stomach outlet had narrowed to 9mm from the standard 13mm. They tried dilating the outlet and set up for me to come back for another endoscopy in 4 weeks. At that time they found the outlet to be only 2mm! I spent the next 5 months having endoscopy done every 3-4 weeks, the whole time only being able to keep down water and popsicles. It seemed like I was in pain all the time. My surgeon finally agreed to do a revision in sept. It was an open surgery and the healing has been slow and the pain great. I still have a feeding tube, but have only used it once. Unfortunately for the last week or so I've been experiencing the heart burn like pain and vomiting again. I'm not sure where I'll go from this point, but I hope you find a better solution to your problems than I did.

Patti Johnson
on 4/30/13 5:19 am - Mooers, NY

Well it's 9 months later and still no answer, stomach pain and so much vomiting that I have a dilated stoma now. i even went to see Dr. Singh in Albany and all he said was constipation. With as much diarrhea there is NO way It's constipation pain. So I guess i'll live with the vomiting and stomach pain forever.

Patti Surgery date June 2,2011
BW -242 SW-219 CW-204 Goal - 120            
Most Active