6 months post op, not losing weight properly, had major complications. Is this normal?

elanesse
on 12/28/12 6:24 am - Denmark
Hi everyone. I just joined, and I have a question I've been dying to get answered. I had rny July 12th 2012, and my surgery went horribly wrong. I had internal bleedings, and my doctors didn't react fast enough, so I ended up having 2 surgeries the same day, and I almost died on the table. I was at the hospital for 18 days. I was in such much pain, and I got this enormous blood accumulation on my left side. Even though im almost 6 months out, I'm still blue and black all over my stomach, in a lot of pain, and I still have an infection. I haven't been losing weight like I should. It is very slow! slower than anyone else I've ever heard of. I was told back then, that the weightloss will pick up once my body is no longer in shock. I haven't been able to find anyone else who's had complications, who is also experiencing really slow weight loss. Is this normal?
gamergamer
on 12/29/12 12:49 am

Sorry I don't have any answers for you but I would recommend that you post on the main board forum or the RNY forum.  This forum isn't used much.

lareina007
on 6/22/13 1:57 pm - mesquite, TX
Where did you have your surgery? Are you better?
Most Active