Anyone ever deal with this constant nausua and burning in stomach etc.

swissmoeka
on 9/13/16 8:03 pm
Hi I haven't been on for a while, will be 6 years since my GYN. I am having constant nausua and burning in my stomach, and loosing weight. Feel very weak, depressed and sick all the time.
Had Endoscopy yesterday and they said:
Irregular z-line...Two biopsies taken.
Anastomosis visualized near the antrum. (GJ anastomosis)
Results could take a while....Anyone every deal with this? Any feed back would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance.
cici123
on 10/14/16 3:13 pm

Hi. I am sorry, I have answers.  I have not had this experience.  I just wanted to let you know that I hope you are feeling much better soon!

Roni W.
on 9/25/17 3:20 pm - Forty Fort, PA

Hi! I have dealt with almost constant nausea and frequent vomiting for 9 years! There have been different problems addressed, such as ulcers, etc. but even after having surgery to correct the ulcers the nausea persisted.

Finally, after having yet another "normal" Endoscopy and upper GI study done, I was able to get in with the head of the Bariatrics at a hospital about an hour away (but still in my insurance plan).

i am having surgery this Thursday to correct what is known as a "Candy Cane" Roux Limb, or it's called several other things like Redundant Roux Limb, etc.

The way it was explained to me was that the Roux limb was left too long in my gastric bypass surgery, and this leads to food pooling and getting trapped in this extra length of Roux limb that hangs down.

when I googled it the description was exactly me!I will try to add the link here.

You can't say for sure but it's something for you to read up on and ask your surgeon about!

The down side of my surgery is the surgeon said he can't say 100% that this is the cause of my nausea, so we basically have to do the surgery and see what happens. Since there isn't anything else that appears wrong though, I'm more than willing to take the chance and hopefully get fixed!

Good luck! I'll update you on how I do next week.

Take care!

Roni in PA

PS......can't post the link but if you google you should find the info!

Roni in PA :)
"Those hairline cracks running through me are stronger than your wholeness. Every stitch on me represents an obstacle I've overcome."
                                                    gu siorraidhbrath

swissmoeka
on 10/1/17 9:29 pm
Hi Roni, Just wanted to check in and see how you are doing after your surgery. You've been in my thoughts and prayers. I am so grateful for the info you shared. I will be seeing my dr. this week and hope to get more answers also.
Be well,
Deb

swissmoeka
on 10/26/17 12:30 pm
Hi Roni, Just wanted to thank you for the info. and find out how you are doing? Has the surgery helped.
I wondered how they could tell that it was the candy cane? I've had test but nothing showing up. I have been getting sicker with no answers in sight.
I called my surgeon he said it couldn't possibly be that. I've lost over 20 pounds and so sick. I'm trying to get in with yet another dr. for another opinion.
I think I am going to end up in the hospital before I can find any answers.
Any info. would be greatly appreciated.
Deb
Most Active